How Many People Are Restarters? Why are you back?

Why did you put your weight back on? (Click all that apply)

• Did not like / do lipotrim maintenance

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Bad habits just crept in over time

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • I just piled the weight back on straight away

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Was fine until I had an emotional upset

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I lost my good routine

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Hi,

Just flicking through the lipotrim forum and there quite a lot of us who have lost weight and then put it back on again.

If you are a restarter, then I would love to know how you would answer these questions...

1.) Why did you put the weight back on?
2.) What are you going to do differently this time to make sure this is the last time?
3.) Are you doing LT again, if so why? Or have you chosen a different TFR diet, and if so why?

I think this thread could help us all (first timers and restarters) to understand how we can all make sure that when we get to goal that we maintain our new slim figures! :)

I look forward to reading everyones answers...

:)

Hi,

Just flicking through the lipotrim forum and there quite a lot of us who have lost weight and then put it back on again.

If you are a restarter, then I would love to know how you would answer these questions...

2.) What are you going to do differently this time to make sure this is the last time?
3.) Are you doing LT again, if so why? Or have you chosen a different TFR diet, and if so why?

I think this thread could help us all (first timers and restarters) to understand how we can all make sure that when we get to goal that we maintain our new slim figures! :)

I look forward to reading everyones answers...

1- I put the weight on because I stopped thinking about what I was eating.. I just ate what ever looked good and I stopped planning my meals and just ate what ever. I also believe it was partly to do with stop logging on here.. I didnt see everyones motivation and drive.. and I didnt really remind myself of weight loss? and I stopped making lunches for work and was eating crap and from the canteen and the deli at the shop.

2 - Im going to allow myself treats.. The last time I tried to be too strict and as soon as i tasted something good I got it again and again!
Im actually going to exercise and make sure i keep at it!
and I am going to write a weekly meal plan.. which I wont matter if I differ from it slightly as long as it is healthy.. and make sure I am organised by leaving the food out of the freezer the night before. and make sure I make a lunch every night!

3 - I have chosen a different diet.. purely because it is cheaper for me in northern ireland. Although my loyallty will always lie with Lipotrim :)

Great post babe. Really got me thinking.

1. I ate too much. Lol just kidding. I feel very strongly that the reason I put my weight back on is because I didn't get to finish my LT journey and was forced into refeed with less than a days notice. I think that if I'd been allowed to get to my target I'd have been much more protective over my weight and so much more careful.

Also I had Restarter Mentality. I'd decide I was going to start on Xday so would have a major blow out the night before and..... would find a reason not to start when I'd decided. All of the binges and false restarts took their toll.

If I'm honest I also think I may have a slight thyroid issue as it runs in the family and my weight problem began properly when I put on 3 stone in a year for absolutely no reason a few years ago. I'd always been a solid size 12 but all of a sudden BOOM! I was a fatty. I'm not blaming that until I actually get it checked though.

2. This time I'm going to really concentrate on my refeed. I may well drag the refeed out for a month rather than a week, just to get my body used to proper food again and I'm also going to be start cooking lessons as I'm far too reliant on 'quick fix' food. If I start cooking proper meals I should be filling up on good food rather than crappy food. Also I'm going to really try (I emphasise the word try) to find more foods that I like to eat. I'm incredibly fussy and won't even try food if I don't like the look/smell/aura of it lol. I figure by trying more foods, especially vegetables, I can fill up my plate without cramming it full of carbs which are my downfall. I may also follow a plan such as SW for a few months to see how I go.

3. I'm not doing LT this time, I'm doing Exante but only for two rather superficial reasons. The first reason is that it's cheaper. Exante is normally way more expensive than LT but the offer they have on at the moment makes it around £22 per week and I can't afford to pass that up. Secondly you can order it online which makes the pharmacist trips obsolete. I found it very difficult to get up the courage to show my face in the pharmacy the first time I restarted back in last August and I was simply too ashamed of myself to go back again.

Phew.... nothing like spilling out a few home truths!!

i was quite good for a while a couple of months, but then i just ate anything and everything, wasnt bothered minding myself!

i plan doin ww and excersise this time, hopefully will be better weather this time when i finish lt and can be more active

i chose lt because i know it works, and i love that i lose the weight fast

Aye i'm a restarter :mad:

1) I didn't do a proper refeed or maintenance when I came off the diet. I went straight over to USA for 4 weeks after about a week or two of coming off the diet and ate takeaway pretty much every day for a month since I was on holiday we didn't cook etc. Then the bad habit continued when we got back and I just continued to get bigger and bigger because i'd been suffering from depression.

2) I'm not going to America this year and i'm on Anti-Depressants.

3) I'm on Exante this time and even though this may work out dearer i'd rather stay on it as there is more variety,The bars are nicer so i'm chewing which I hope will help me when I come off the diet to have healthy snacks instead of a chocolate bar.

1. Because life gets in the way sometimes and before i knew it i had put some weight back on, i kid myself that it's ok and i can get it off but next thing i know i've put even more on and then i feel like it's too big a mountain to climb, so carry on eating what i want. Fatty mc fat fat was well and truly back!

2. I can't honestly say this will be my last time(being realistic) as i think i will always struggle with my weight, what i will do differently this time though is if i do start to put some weight back on then instead of letting it get to 2 stones i will try to stop it much earlier. I am also doing more exercise in my life so hopefully that will help too.

3. Yes i'm back on LT again because it worked last time and i know i can do it. Better for me to stick to something i know works. I also feel comfortable with the ladies at my chemst they are great, one of them has actually done LT and so i can talk to her about stuff.

I posted this before reading any of the others as i didn't want them to influence my answers, sorry if i have repeated what anyone else put.

Im another restarter!! ..my fourth time actually :( Before starting again this time, i must have eaten my way through every single thing that i wouldnt ordinerally allow into my diet.. eg chocolate, crisps, pastry, butter,sweets,fried food takeways, you know the usual suspects ..even my favourite cerial with cream .. CREAM for god sake. funny thing is i feel better for not eating these things on a daily basis, infact the best thing about coming off LT is not wanting these things. but when i finally surcome to eating them its like i cant stop . all of a sudden your craving sugar.. & its like your going cold turkey by not having it .. LOL
The annoying thing is .. i get to my goal weight every time, It stays there or i even lose further weight on my own purely by eating healthily but my old eating habits come back eventually & its a rollercoaster of distruction..& when you try & get back on the band wagon to try & lose even half a stone on your own .. a measley 1lb a wk is just sole destroying! .. sory going off one here ... glad to get it off my chest though ;) Good luck everyone

Hi,

1. Not setting out few rules for myself in the Xmas month, started indulging from the 1st December whenever I was offered a treat. No self control.
2.The opposite to before, bulid up to Xmas keep to healthy eating unless going to Xmas Dinner Dances.
3. Doing LT beacause it works and this forum is great for keeping you going when you want to give up.

I put the weight on after i left college. My weight was a steady 13 stone give or take a few pounds.
Then once i left i became a stay at home mum again. I tried to eat right but then i ate out of boredom. Then i got into the habit of "Im going to restart tomorrow" So i would have a big binge out. Then when it came to starting again id think of reasons not to just like rainbow brite. Then it was all the nights out with the girls which kept adding more and more weight.
Also the thought of summer coming and being hot a sticky really makes me motivated.
Also the fact that im a young mum dressing like a frump bums me out lol.

This time im going to carry on till i hit my target. Im going back to college next september and id love to meet new people looking how i feel most comfortable i.e post pregnancy weight in post pregnancy clothes.
Im also not going to cheat like i did the very first time i started. Towards the end i was going from doing LT for two days, then eating junk food and then going back to the shakes.

Im sticking with LT because i know that it works. I have tried Exante but i think i enjoyed the soups too much which then led me to eat really crappy foods.

I was ok on refeed, but on maintenance got a fear of carbs and got to the point of being really frightened to eat, and then one day, I had a huge bar of chocolate and for me, that was it. As I say, I was in self destruct mode and couldnt stop at all, or maybe that is wouldnt!!! Not sure.

I have an eating disorder and thought, niavely (sp) that LT would sort it, and I thought it had, but not so!

This time around I am doing LT but start a course on coping skills with is aimed at people with an eating disorder. So, mabye doing it alongside each other will help. Realise that I may never rid myself of this problem, but hopefully be able to cope with it better.

Hi,

Some really interesting answers so far!!

Here are my answers..

Gradually came back on with poor routine, no exercise, and a few emotional upsets thrown in gave me the excuse to eat more. :(

• Longer "refeed" period. I hated the LT maint stuff. The shakes are not good at all. This time I intend to keep replacing 1 or 2 meals for probably 2 months.
  • I am going to write down everything I eat and keep a track of my calorie intake to find out exactly how many calories I can eat to maintain.
  • Exercise I am going to ensure that i really get and keep a good exercise routine. This will help me with my weight management - but also help me to feel better if I am stressed etc.
  • Weigh Regulary - I think it is always easy to keep a record of your weight when you are losing weight, but when the weight is going on I just stick my head in the sand and dont want to know. I need to develop the habit that I weigh regularly as whatever is measured always improves! :)

I did LT the first time round, its brilliant and really gets the results. Going to the chemist is a pain in the ass and I do think they treat you like a school kid sometimes. Oh the big scary lipotrim diet... whoooo... anyway I am on New You Diet this time round, same deal on the weight loss results, but you have more choice and you can get it online.

THIS TIME IS THE LAST TIME

Back