How many points a day?

Lizzyliz0

Silver Member
Hi everyone. I'm joining ww on Thursday. I haven't done ww for about 8 years so a LOT has changed! I've been flitting between slimming world and slim and save for years and neither are working in a long term basis for me.

I want to get a head start this week before I join the group, ( i dont want to have a binge week like i usually do before starting a diet) does anyone know how you work out how many points you can have? I'm 14.5 st if that's any help.

Many thanks

Lovely, thanks so much.

I'm not sure how accurate I'll be as I still don't really understand it all but hopefully it'll all become clear on Thursday.... :)

Lovely, thanks so much.

I'm not sure how accurate I'll be as I still don't really understand it all but hopefully it'll all become clear on Thursday.... :)

Do you have an android/iphone? There is a brilliant app called ultimate food value diary. Although If you are going ww properly you'll have access to the proper app :) any questions just post and someone will help! Xx

Last edited:
Hey :) Just wanted to say Welcome and Good Luck :) Are u going to start a Diary on here? X

Hi Liz,

Think I'm going to join you with weight watchers. So much coming up and cannot face another VLCD shake to be honest. I've done it loads in the past so the points are second nature. Just need to stick to it!! x

Thanks everyone. I really do need to go to a group, yes. I just don't really get it at the mo so need a bit of the literature behind it. Plus managed to persuade my friend to come with me so we can encourage each other

Ill start a diary when I know what I'm doing. I bought the current magazine so in just cooking stuff from there for this week. I'm not sure what to do for breakfasts though as I don't really do cereal (as I don't like milk) and I'm trying to stay away from toast. Any ideas?

I have a cereal bar and fruit for breakfast, im not a big eater at breakfast time but I know its important to eat something :)

Hi Liz,

Think I'm going to join you with weight watchers. So much coming up and cannot face another VLCD shake to be honest. I've done it loads in the past so the points are second nature. Just need to stick to it!! x

Yay, Marie! I agree with you there. I couldn't face another pack in the end. You were doing so well though. It is hard when you've got stuff coming up, vlcd s are very unsociable!

We can keep each other going. Are you going to join a group or go it alone?
X

Thanks everyone. I really do need to go to a group, yes. I just don't really get it at the mo so need a bit of the literature behind it. Plus managed to persuade my friend to come with me so we can encourage each other

Ill start a diary when I know what I'm doing. I bought the current magazine so in just cooking stuff from there for this week. I'm not sure what to do for breakfasts though as I don't really do cereal (as I don't like milk) and I'm trying to stay away from toast. Any ideas?

I like Melba Toast with Cheese Triangle Porridge made with Water? X Look forward to you starting your Diary! X

I have a cereal bar and fruit for breakfast, im not a big eater at breakfast time but I know its important to eat something :)

What kind of cereal bar? Do Allen lights have many points?

I do like breakfast but don't want to use too many points too early on.

I like Melba Toast with Cheese Triangle Porridge made with Water? X Look forward to you starting your Diary! X

I don't mind milk if its cooked, so porridge is ok, although I find it a bit stodgy. I've never really mastered cooking it. Do eggs have many points?

Yay, Marie! I agree with you there. I couldn't face another pack in the end. You were doing so well though. It is hard when you've got stuff coming up, vlcd s are very unsociable! We can keep each other going. Are you going to join a group or go it alone? X

I lost 1 stone 6 all in all between cambridge and slim and save. Still a massive 17 stones tho. They are so unsociable but feel now if we can do that, we can do anything :).

2 points in an Alpen light and 2 in a medium sized egg. Tho obviously goes up if you fry it ;). You should download an app onto your fone. The value app is fab. Even has all the eating out points on it ;).

Going to see how I go it alone without going to class. Hopefully get plenty of support on here. I used to just weigh and go anyway. That's good your going with a friend tho. Is it your lighter life friend?x

Value Diary is AMAZEBALLS! It's got me to goal :) x

I downloaded it after reading about it on here. Not starting til tomorrow and getting tips on here ;). It seems even better than the ww official app that you pay for x

With that and Minimins you won't go wrong, trust me! X Just watch the Database tho, I add my own Favourites. X

Back