Original How many ppl wi before class wi

BLUEDIAMOND

Hello there

am curious to find out how many people have been tempted to weigh themselves before there actual weigh in with their class??

I been doing sw now since wed and so tempted to see if lost/gained etc. Longest i been off the scales for ages (normally weigh every day) just to see if lost/gained to keep me on the str8 and narrow etc.

Come on ladies give me some tips on those who wanted to but survived the dreaded home wi (lol)

cheers - julie x x :d

There's boys here too!

I used to weigh every day. But it started to put me off when I had a little (normal) gain day-to-day.

So I try my hardest now to weigh only weekly at class.

I do cheat, particularly if I've had flexible syns. But most weeks I stick to it - and it's much better than weighing every day for me!

I'm afraid I'm a compulsive weigher....always have been and probably always will be!
I weigh every morning, sometimes during the day and every evening before bed! I don't get disheartened at small gains and I know I will weigh 2, 3 or even sometimes 4lbs heavier at night depending on what I have eaten during the day.
I weigh before I go to my 'offical' weigh in too, so its never too much of a surprise when I stand on the SW scales!!!

No weighing between classes for me - I don't have any scales and don't want any. I think if I saw a gain mid week it'd put me off and make me miserable, so I'd rather go on the SW scales once a week and leave it at that.

the week after christmas i went in to boots to wi before class as i really wanted to know the gainage would be. the scales said 4lbs and i was so not going to go to class.but friends on another site urged me to go to class and sw scales said only 2.5 gain.so i will not be doing that again.

Im a compulsive weigher, a few times a day for me Im afraid! x

it is a nice surprise if you havent weighed pre official WI. How much do you wanna lose? x

I weigh every morning, sometimes during the day and every evening before bed! I don't get disheartened at small gains and I know I will weigh 2, 3 or even sometimes 4lbs heavier at night depending on what I have eaten during the day.

Here's the science behind why several times daily weighing is not a good idea. They key part of what you said here was 'depending on what I have eaten during the day'. Because - the food we eat and have in our body at any one time plays an important part in what our weight will show on the scales. When we're talking, actually, about these relatively small masses of weight (1-4lb): the food we are carrying in our stomach, bowel etc have a part to play in what we weigh.

But the food we are carrying at any given time does not tell us what we will end up weighing. For example, potatoes are very heavy to carry around. Whereas marshmellows are very light. But if you ate the same weight of potatoes in marshmellows, you'd gain a lot more weight than the potatoes!

Or another way of putting it: what ends up being fat has no bearing on its weight before or a day or so after you've eaten it.

{NB - this is actually part of the science behind how Slimming World works. You'll notice that a load of the free foods are 'dense' like potatoes, pasta, fruit, veg meat etc whereas syn foods are quite 'light'. The free foods are naturally filling because they are heavy. For the amount of calories, fat, weight they contain, the free foods are largely 'heavy' ie naturally filling.

So you feel full even though what you are eating is not likely to turn into fat itself. Thereby allowing your body to enter its natural fat stores when it needs energy (for exercise or just for keeping your body ticking along): burning the fat and loosing the weight.

It's more complex than that because of glycogen in the first week or so, but basically that's the science behind long term success of Slimming World: fill yourself up with heavy foods that are low in calories and your body won't have enough calories to cope because you'll be too full to eat anymore. Your body will then enter your fat stores for energy.

There are always exceptions and some things are there to make the journey easier for us (eg Muller Lights!) but largely you'll find the above is true.}

With weighing to establish the changes in your body, sticking to a regular routine (ie always weighing on the same day of the week, after a normal lunch or weighing before you wake etc), along with allowing for standard daily fluctuations is the *only* way to know what is going on in your body.

My advice: if you really have you weigh yourself daily, always do it in the morning so at least you can see what's going on, get some decent scales and accept that some days you will show a gain and not be able to work out why. It'll average out.

i used to be a compulsive weigher but now i do not weigh at all before class or at any other time

I weigh every morning as I like to keep track of my peaks and dips. I do take into account though that depending on what I ate the day before and how late I was eating until I can show a couple of pounds heavier. I need to WI regularly though to keep myself focused. Because I weigh same time each day I can generally average out where I'm going to be - it's never 100% though as the SW scales always catch me out. Was sure I'd got my stone this week but weighed in at 1/2 off it.
If I hadn't already got into the habit though I would advise against starting, I'm freaking out at the moment as I've been doing EE and showing 4 pounds heavier than normal! Going to do green tomorrow and Monday for the WI on Tuesday and try to balance out.

Im a compulsive weigher....
I weigh at home tho - dont go a class so I know my scales aint gna be off - not that it makes it right!!
xx

Im the same i weigh myself every day nearly every time i go upstairs into the bathroom where my scales are i know i shouldnt but its as if there is a magnet on my scales lol

I get weighed once a week at class, don't get weighed any other time as i know if my scales said i'd put on i would be gutted until i found out at class for sure, not saying i would binge because of it but i'm not going to try just in case. xxx

Back