how many syns and daily or weekly

I tend to have fewer syns during the week so that I can have more at the weekend, or rather so that I can have a drink (or drinks) on Saturday night. I always have at least five syns a day but over the week I keep to under 105. This seems to work okay for me. One of the important things about syns is that they allow you to have a treat without feeling guilty. It's so easy to wreck your plan because you have a craving and feel so guilty about giving in to it. It's absolutley brilliant being able to have a chocolate bar knowing full well that it's part of your diet and that you have to have things like that to keep on losing weight.

Did you know (depending on your weight to height) you need around 1700-2200 calories to lay in bed and do nothing? Jsut to keep you heart pumping, brain working and lungs breathing. So if you eat anything less than that the body will hang onto it!

So eat up!!

I have up to 15 syns a day but usually end up around the 10 syns daily.
Years ago when I did SW I went through a phase of having a good synned binge early in the week of about 70 syns so enough for say McDonalds or Ice Cream etc then during the week the remaining 35 syns would be used daily for sauces / gravy etc...... I did still lose ok but some days felt more restricted than I liked.

To me the main thing is to find a way that helps make sure you just stay on plan within your syns allowance.

Jill

Back