Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How many syns do you use?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by mia_angel, 2 February 2011 Social URL.

1. mia_angel

mia_angel Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimfast/Slimming world
    I just wondered if people used their 15 syns each day, and what you use them for......does it make a difference to your weight loss?

I usually use my syns on olive oil (if i have used my heb) sauces, and treats

Some days i feel like i shouldnt be using up all my 15 syns lol but i do tend to have 10-15 a day

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JemmaBe

JemmaBe Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Usually I have 15 syns a day, they soon get used up!

4. Sofartogo!

Sofartogo! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am aiming for 15 syns a day but am saving a lot up this week so that I can enjoy a planned meal out at the weekend. Not sure if this will make any difference. I used to do it when I was at uni and needed to save all my syns for drinking!!

I think I was told then that if you have a lot to lose, you should start off with 15 then, when your weight loss slows down, you can cut it down to 10 and then 5 when needed.

Don't know how true this is either!!!

5. BeckyT

BeckyT Always trying!

Start Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4.5lb(31.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have a couple each day however I generally try and save mine for the weekend for wine and some kettle chips!

6. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I usually have 10 a day (sometimes 8 and sometimes 12). :) I use all of them on treats, I would HATE to spend them on "food", lol. I have choc, biscuits, extra cereal bars, cake etc. I've lost 4st 10lbs in 55 weeks, it's getting slower but I LOVE that I can eat "normally" and now wear a size 8 (instead of an 18). :)

7. Krsemma

Krsemma Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.55%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - 3rd time lucky!
    I try so hard to only use 10 but always end up using all 15 on chocolate and options hot choc!

I agree with sofartogo....... if the losses start slowing down I'll be stricter and cut down.

8. Sia

Sia Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11.5lb(17.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Im on my third week- last week i used 38 & this week i am trying not to use any and save them for lunch out at the weekend. Reading the other posts though is making me think i should use more, as i have a lot to loose & when my losses slow i wont really be able to go lower on syns?

9. mia_angel

mia_angel Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimfast/Slimming world
    Its great that you can save some to use on a special occassion, if i didnt have the syns option i dont think i could stick to the diet....just to be able to have a treat when i want makes such a difference

10. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I never do weekly syns, as they would probably all be gone in a few days lol and then I would have nothing to fall back on if I fancied something that was syns. So I stick to my daily amount and usually have between 10-15 a day.

11. ninnins

ninnins SW ROCKS!

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9.5lb(30.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Im the complete opposite to shrimpy and use most of mine in meals! Used to use them more for treats but have found I dont actually want them anymore. Double figures most days.

12. CAPRICORN

CAPRICORN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Im another one who doesn't use them weekly, I have a daily "use em or lose em" :p -I use a few in my recipes as I use oils instead of frylight, but most of mine go on an exta 250ml semi (6) and 2 activia intensly a day -(2.5 X 2) -so thats 11 syns dealt with ;)
    I am on week 41 now and have lost 108lbs :banana dancer:- and so far I have been a crisp, bread, chocolate, sweets, pastries, cakes, alcohol and take away free zone :D and I haven't missed any of them ... lets hope it lasts whilst I get rid of the last 80lbs :cross:

13. SlimmingKitchen

SlimmingKitchen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When i first started sw I had 15 a day now I stick to 10 a day, being closer to target I had to cut them down as I wasn't losing on the full 15. Im much wiser with my syns now though, because I dont have many I try to use them on worthwhile things ;)
    xxx

14. Amy2249

Amy2249 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.15%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    It depends what I have planned. If I have plans at the weekend I will save most of them but if nothing planned I will aim to use my 15 each day. I have lost regardless of how I use my syns but I always use most if not all of my syns.

15. NewDawn

NewDawn Bring on the trumpets

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.18%)
    I give myself 70 per week with a buffer of 35...............I have used about 80 this week and I get weighed tomorrow..............I use mine on brandy and options chocolate (luverly...nom nom nom).....a replacement for wine....first weigh in tomorrow......

16. suplizi

suplizi I see the light!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(35.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/maintaining
    I tend to use on average 7 syns a day, I don't find I actually "need" that many in the week, but I usually have a bottle of wine at the weekend, so I save some for that. I have now started counting down my syns, so on a Weds I have 105 and then cross off each and every syn I use. I have got a little white board on the fridge.

Helen xxx

17. caramumofmany

caramumofmany Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7.5lb(38.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i am really bad i don't tend to use my syns at all

18. i<3jellybeans

i<3jellybeans Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world.
    Depends on my mood lol :p some days i have them all and some days i only have around 5-10. I use my syns on spread on sandwiches, alpen bars or hifi bars (if ive run out of healthy B's) gravies, sauces ie ketchup. Or on a sunday i like to have a good decent roast, lots of gravy..stuffing etc.

x

19. frankied

frankied Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st1.5lb(39.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm on my second week, (weigh in tomorrow) I was using 8 to 10, but have been trying to use up to 15 a day as I have long way to go and will have to cut down further down the road. But saying that I'm still having about 8-10 a lot of days. I tend to use most of mine in the evening so I still have something to look forward to. I'm using it on ketchup and have a treat tin of kitkats and crisps.
    But if I wanted some of a takeaway I would def consider saving a my syns weekly or cutting down a lot after.

20. AnnaR

AnnaR Member

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(10.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I did a test and one week I ate less syns, the next week I ate my full 15! I lost 2.5lb the less syn week and 3lb the full syn week - so I know what I'll be doing from now on!!!

21. dancingqueen1987

dancingqueen1987 Operation Fight the Fat!

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(20%)
    Diet:
    Weight Wacthers
    I think I might try doing mine weekly. I've not used many this week and I've missed anything but I'm out tomorrow night. I don't think I could use many a day apart from on things like chocolate or other snacks, I feel like I can't lose if I'm eating them so I tend to avoid! Most of the ones I do use go on dressings and sauces etc. I'm still a bit confused on if you're allowed to save syns, read a lot of conflicting things.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.