How many Syns for this Pre Workout supplement

Bradwade08

Hi, I've been on Slimmibg world for just over two weeks.. Amazed at the weight loss so far. I have been gyming for years and taking pre workout supplements however I'm unsure if I'm allowed/how many syns they are. Is anyone able to advise me if they are allowed. The one I use is only 35 calories per drink

Thanks

Brad

Without the ingredients, I'd go with the 1 syn for 20 calories rule. That makes each drink just under 2 syns.

Hi jo, that's awesome thanks.. Pre workouts have many different ingredients such as caffeine creatine etc. The calories will come from sugars so carbohydrates I would have thought

You need to be careful with the powders/tablets as a lot of the powders are meal replacements and have a ton of Syns in them. I have been investigating some of the powders and the powders with the lowest Syn values are 4.5 syns for a serving and you are expected to have two servings per day. That's 9 Syns you cannot use on other things.

I guess with other things, you may be happy to use that many Syns but I found that they were not satisfying and I tend to stick to 5 syns or fewer and go for free and speed foods instead. There are natural ways of getting the majority of the nutrition you want from your supplements without actually needing to shell out for them, some for pre-loading, immediately post-workout and some for later to ensure your muscles are fed during your NEET period.

Let me know if you want some recipes, I am actually writing a food blog and I have started a system of post-workout protein muffins which are entirely free on the plan and free up any Syns you may want to use on other things (chocolate is actually important for working out as well so long as it is good quality stuff!) :D

Hey Phoenix Girl

I would love this info. I don't use supplements but do body pump twice a week and 3 spin classes, I'm 24 weeks pregnant and any new recipes would be great - do you have a link to your blog?xx

Hey Phoenix girl.

Thanks for the post that's useful information.. I've been doing muscle building style diets for a while and slimming world suits that as I'm able to eat the carbs and proteins when I want and how much I want. The pre workout is purely a mental focuser and energy booster it's not a meal replacement or supplement for replacing a meal.

That being said if you have those recipes I would love to have a look at them

Brad

Hey guys, the Bank Holiday weekend has been hectic for me but I'm on some down-time after an Operation so I actually have time which I can put aside specifically to actually knuckling down and publishing my food blog properly. Sorry for being so cryptic and squirrelly, I'll get it up and then post a link ASAP just have SO much to do! :3

Back