How many syns per day?

SaraC

Pesky pescetarian from Australia!
Hi,

I just wondered if anyone could help me as I follow the plan from home.

I currently have 1st 1lb to lose until my target, I have always used 15 syns a day but my weightloss hasn't been great. If this WI this week isn't any good should I consider moving to 10 syns a day? This & moving over to the "dark side" are my 2 options at the moment!!

Thanks

If you reduce your syns by 5 a day you are reducing your calorific intake by 700 calories over the week. You need a reduction of 3500 calories to lose one pound.
Reducing syns will not boost your losses dramatically. You need to be looking more at speed and superspeed foods and snacking on superfree.

yeah hun u could try reducing your syns alittle.
good luck

Do you do any exercise? Maybe adding a bit of walking might speed up your losses?

I have to agree with Jaylou. You shouldnt have to reduce your syns Hun, just make sure that you vary what you are eating and add more super free foods into your day.

Hiya,

I do eat a lot of superfree foods anyway (I have a food diary on here & list all the superfree foods I eat each day).

I am currently on my own little SuperSpeed challenge this week, which if it doesn't come off on Friday at WI I am considering moving over to WW.

Thanks for your replies!

You've lost 8.5lb in 9 weeks. For someone with not much weight to lose I don't think this is a bad weight loss hun.

I agree that's a very good weightloss so perhaps it's just the case that your expectations are a bit unrealistic?

Well done Sara on your weight loss so far, I think you have done really well :) I just had a quick look at your food diary (hope i was on the right one). You have had some great ideas and varied foods so well done you, thats excellent.

Before you consider changing diets or reducing syns, i would look at trying to keep your syns within each day for a little while and see if that makes a difference. I had a quick calculation from the syns you have put for the last 21 days and they seem to be averaging at 17.5 per day (please correct me if my maths skills are incorrect) and you seem to be saving them up for special occasions ;). I think its worth you trying to keep them to 10 to 15 but taken every day and see if that improves your weightloss.

Well done for doing this at home, it aint easy, i know :) good luck x x

I agree that's a very good weightloss so perhaps it's just the case that your expectations are a bit unrealistic?

Hi Circes,

When you say unrealistic do you mean my target or the fact that I consider my weightloss to be "slow"? If it is the latter than I may agree with you but from my point of view it is frustrating as I only seem to lose weight 2 weeks out of every 4 (the week before * week I tend to hold onto a lot of water and then the week of * week I don't lose).

Quote: Before you consider changing diets or reducing syns, i would look at trying to keep your syns within each day for a little while and see if that makes a difference. I had a quick calculation from the syns you have put for the last 21 days and they seem to be averaging at 17.5 per day (please correct me if my maths skills are incorrect) and you seem to be saving them up for special occasions ;). I think its worth you trying to keep them to 10 to 15 but taken every day and see if that improves your weightloss.

Thanks Daisydoo, I do try and stick to 105 a week and I do "save" them up for weekends but that is the lifestyle which I lead and it has always worked doing SW this way in the past (I used to go to group but I don't like the new Consultant they brought in). I think if I was to try & have my 10/15 per day I would probably be more inclined to quit rather than maybe take the hit on a "slow" weightloss. For me the attraction of SW is that I can fit my lifestyle round it, maybe I have to accept that my weightloss won't be as quick as I'd like

Thanks for your replies, they have got me thinking! :)

I think Circes meant that your weight loss speed is unrealistic. I am at about the same point in my journey as you (similar BMI although I'm only 5' 6") and I have lost 7lbs in 8 weeks, so averaging just under a pound a week.

I know what you mean about it being frustratingly slow! I feel exactly the same when I'm at meetings and there are people there who regularly lose 2 or 3lbs EVERY week!

I've finally got my head round the fact that it's going to be slow, but slow and steady really does win the weight loss race!

Plus if I do lose more than 0.5lb (my usual loss) in a week then I'm always pleasantly surprised!

(((((((hugs)))))))

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have time to commit to proper exercise, I work long days Monday - Thursday and have a one year old baby who takes up the rest of my time! I get Fridays off with her though and walk an awful lot with the pushchair to and from baby group and shopping/visiting!

Thanks for your reply

you could always get a davina dvd and do three half an hours per week which could help with shifting weight and toning up all under your roof :)

Sara you asked how many syns per day, but yet you use yours on a weekly basis. And when worked out to a daily basis they averaged at 17.5. I think the answer you need to cut down the syns ever so slightly.

I too have my syns on a weekly basis & keep a spreadsheet of the amount of syns used each day. Usually Saturdays are the worst & can be anything between 40-70:eek:

Back