How many Syns

*Nasha87*

Hi everyone! Its my first week and im really struggling with how many syns to have per day. My book says 5-15 but thats quite a big diff :-/ Also a few people on the plan told me they dont use theirs often. So ive been feeling really guilty using my syns. Help please :) xx

Don't worry about it. Your syns are there to be used and to help you not feel deprived and therefore more able to stay on plan.

Sometimes I use more sometimes less depending on what fits with what I am doing.

Not using the syns in a way that suits you will make it more difficult to sick to long term as the last thing you need is guilt especially when you're still 100% on plan.

There are different views on "flexi syns" where you have more on for example a night out and then less for the rest of the week so it levels out. Glad of this approach otherwise I wouldn't have had a night out at Pizza Express last night.

My C says set yourself a limit for a flexi-day and then go back on plan as normal... I asked her if I should lower my syns for the rest of the week, but she said no, that you can get away with one day a week, and just do the plan as normal from then on.
I usually have a little treat after WI on Tuesdays.

I think Flexi syns r great! Last week I had a massive tapas meal with wine (Lots of :) for my oh 30th - but then got straight bk on plan. I lost 2.5 pounds! I nearly fell off the scale i was that shocked!

Think I'm gonna use my "flexi syns" for yday.. Atleast the last of the Xmas chocolate is gone now :) but I did want to use them tonight as I'm off to nandos. Oh well... Chicken & corn for me.. 4.5 syns x

Thanks for clearing up the flexi syns idea for me. I don't go to class so is really useful to know what I'm doing. Will use them on Friday for slap up meal @ a gastro pub to celebrate a friends new job :)

Back