How many times will I say this is the last?

2012thinsummer

So... decided to start an online diary to record my weight loss journey over this summer and beyond. Not sure if this will help, but maybe the act of sending my thoughts out into the vast void of the internet will help motivate me to succeed.

I turn 20 this summer, and have decided that I need to get my life under control before returning to university in the fall. I'm about 50 pounds away from where I would like to be because of an unhealthy relationship with food and a wild and mind bending tendency to binge. Recently I have not been able to stick to a diet plan for more than 2 or 3 days at the most, so needless to say, I am feeling a bit confused. I have always been an obsessive planner, but rarely is it that I manage to carry out any of these plans.

So I am giving myself this summer, which amounts to about 97 days until I return to school, to get under control and start losing weight steadily.

But what I really want is to do more than just lose weight. Mostly, I guess, I want to lose fat. But besides that, I want to gain strength. Like my diet failures, I have never managed to really stick to a fitness regime either. But I hope to change this, so that I can say that I stuck to something and finished it. So... trust me to probably reach to far, which is often why I fail... I have decided to work towards running a half marathon. I found a 12 week training schedule online, which seems pretty doable.

Also, I have admired the art of free running for some time, and it would be my dream to be able to at least work towards at least starting some of this before I return to school. So I printed off a beginners guide to this, which I will be going through today. Then I guess I will make a plan, as I always do. Only this time I plan to follow through with said plan. Until September. No exceptions this time.

I guess that's all for me today - tomorrow I do my first run on the half marathon training schedule. 2 miles. Just have to figure out a route now.

Thanks for reading, best of luck to you in your goals :)

thanks clairethehat :)

yesterday started off quite well - I went for my run, practised Parkour rolls, walked my dog... and my calories stayed reasonable (I am aiming for 1300 a day... I heard somewhere that adding a zero to your goal weight is sometimes a good way to determine how many calories to eat). Then I went shopping for a few random things in Walmart and I guess I paniced because I decided to buy a chocolate cake and peanut butter, planning to binge later... So after supper, I headed up to my room, put on Atonement (good movie) and started to eat my cake and peanut butter. about 2/3 of the way through the cake (it was a 4 serving cake), and a few spoonfuls of peanut butter, I realised that I actually didnt want to binge... So I stopped. Which is interesting, because a few weeks ago, this would never have happend. I would have just kept going. So I think I have improved a bit. It does mean that I ate 1600 calories too many, but that is better than some days.

However... today is going even better. I am on track so far with my calories, and I went for my 4 km run in the morning, practised Parkour jumps and rolls, and did some upper body weight training. I am feeling pretty fantastic right now... of course, I am only a couple days into this journey... and generally for me it is days 3 and on that dont happen... so im just hoping I can finish this 90-odd day challenge.

Ok. off to give blood now... which is good, because tomorrow is supposed to be basically a rest day on my half-marathon training, and I shoulded exert myself after giving blood...

Thanks for reading again! and best of luck to you on your journeys.

Back