How many women on here have PCOS?

It is awful having to stand shaving every day like a man. I was always told not to shave but I just couldn't leave the hair long enough to have it waxed etc. Last week I let it grow for 6 days and used veet and was quite pleased with result, usually I have to run a razor over my chin too. Think I had been putting too little cream before. Still have stubble a day later though, little coarse black hairs, hate them. Ideally I would love to have chin waxed but takes a month and no way could I leave my face alone that time!

I wish I only had the odd long hair I could pluck out instead of little coarse hairs like on a man's face. :( It makes you feel so unfeminine.

It is awful having to stand shaving every day like a man. I was always told not to shave but I just couldn't leave the hair long enough to have it waxed etc. Last week I let it grow for 6 days and used veet and was quite pleased with result, usually I have to run a razor over my chin too. Think I had been putting too little cream before. Still have stubble a day later though, little coarse black hairs, hate them. Ideally I would love to have chin waxed but takes a month and no way could I leave my face alone that time!

I wish I only had the odd long hair I could pluck out instead of little coarse hairs like on a man's face. :( It makes you feel so unfeminine.

hey there.....not sure if you've got my messages before.....:rolleyes:

just wanted to let you know that I'm thinkin bout you...and hope you are doin OK :)

lots of love

debz x

I forgot to add I have a consultation for laser on the 4th April. Plus I have heard cos of the pcos and hormones that you have to keep having 'top-up' sessions. I will have however many she recommends and see how I go.

Well I don't have the syndrome but my ovaries are covered with cysts. This means that the docs can't treat it! There for I have not noticed a difference in symptoms as I never HAD any symptoms! My doc did tell me I would find it hard to lose weight because of it but I have managed to lose nearly 4 stone. They also told me I wouldn't be able to conceive natrally but this was then disputed by another doctor. When I get to the 5 stone I will go back for tests again and see if anything has changed.

Hi Taz,

I have cysts on my ovaries too which they won't do anything about. I was also told I would never have anymore children because of them ... 2 years later I had twin boys naturally! They are 4 now!

xx

I have PCOS and I suffer from all the symptoms including spots, weight gain, mood swings, thinning of hair on my head and also facial hair.

One thing I will say with the facial hair is that if you can get waxed it definitely does help. It is distressing to have to leave it for a while to get it long enough to wax but if you can just manage a week and find an understanding beauty therapist you'll definitely notice a difference. As it was I used to have fine but lots of hair on my face from my ears downwards and all over my neck as well as my upper lip. Ive been getting it waxed now for about 3 or 4 years and last time I went the lady waxing me told me she didnt see the point in getting any of it done now other than my upper lip. I protested about it but she got a mirror and made me look and it really was nowhere near as bad as I thought - I do still have some (now fine) hairs there but there is a huge improvement to 3-4 years ago - the hair is thinner and there is a lot less of it.

For other symptoms, hair loss I used a wella serum for hair loss. I cant remember what it's called now but its in a glass bottle, is a green solution and you apply one pippette full to clean hair and massage in for 2 minutes each time you wash. Again this made a huge improvement after about 6 weeks. I think it's about 10 pounds a bottle, I wash my hair every other day and I'd say theres at least one months worth in each bottle. The onyl place I know that sells it is lookfantastic.com - Home of luxury brands such as ghd, Redken, Aveda, Clarins, Decleor and many more.

I also found a great facial wash/cream made by a company called natures way that I found helped with spots - they contain tea tree and lemon oil so smell gorgeous. I buy these from a local beauty salon and they re about 7 pounds each - not sure if they would be available online but if anyones interested Ill check the packaging for a website.

Just got to keep those damn mood swings in check now before my OH decides to leave me!!!

Hi Taz,

I have cysts on my ovaries too which they won't do anything about. I was also told I would never have anymore children because of them ... 2 years later I had twin boys naturally! They are 4 now!

xx
Wow and they are gorgeous!

Question: Do you look lighter than you weigh? Most people are shocked at how heavy I am. Just wondered if maybe these cysts carry some unseen weight?

i have pcos and have lost 5 stone :D but have had no reduction in symptoms. i only get weight gain and spots and darker hair but not thicker (but i come from a part greek family so that could be that reason lol ) and cysts on my ovarys .

i only found i had any reduction in symptoms from being put on metformin its reduced my acne and reduced my appetite but my cycles are still all over the place so hoping with my last three stone to go that might help with my cycles

and no cysts dont weight that much lol :D i wish !! .i look lighter than i am but its down to body structure not weight some people just carry it better than others

Back