How much damage with a chicken kebab do?

marley&me

Hi all

On Friday night Hubby and I have either a date night or one of us goes out with friends. We take turns.

I dont want to do an AAM week as it will send me wild! So going to aim to do one meal a week on a Friday night. As this is always going to be the hardest one.

Hubby is already talking about what to have and fancies a takeaway. I was thinking up the most Keto friendly takeaway I could and came up with a chicken shish and salad (without the pitta).

How likely am I to stay in Ketosis? How much damage is it likely to do?

Is there a better option for a takeaway?

I think it'll be ok. So long as it's not a shwarma style kebab and instead is grilled breast meat. Avoid the garlic dip and opt for the chilli but you should be ok :)

Hi Born to fly,

Thanks for the advice.

I like your signature. WHat is the secret to maintaining? I was considering slimming world once I reach goal on Exante to try to find a way of maintaining. Is that a good idea?

Briefly - not a lot. The damage tends to happen if you extend Friday night to Saturday, Sunday, Monday .....
Have the kebab (and no other treats!)and next day day three magic packets.
No harm done.
GSQ

I had a chicken shish last Friday and stayed in Ketosis. I just had it plain, didn't eat any pitta or salad. I went back on total the day after and it was fine. :)

I still had my 3 packs with it btw.

I never thought about sweetened sauce so will avoid that (or make my own) or use cholula or Tabasco instead :)

For me maintenance is about avoiding alcohol. Had a few naughty months so I'm back on diet for a while. Will I ever learn :-(

I really struggle with the alcohol too…Friday nights are the worst!

I am virtually t-total and hubby never ever drinks. So alchohol has zero appeal.....luckily!

I dont normally have any sauce on the kebab so wont tomorrow either. Just meat and salad. Fingers crossed I stay in K. As I dont want to spend the weekend starving!

Dont worry, I will do 3 magic packets Friday, and Saturday...and no cheats other than planned and controlled kebab!

I thought about it all the way home on the train but decided to go home and have an omelette instead as a wee treat. I had my chocolate pack hot and then couldn't be bothered! Day 4! Hurrah!

Hi I'm new, have orderedmy stuff but it hasn't arrived yet ( ordered on fri) I'm having a squids around the website and don't understand everyone making references to being I'n ketosis and certain food kicking you out of ketosis. I know what ketosis I's , so assumed that was the key to this diet kind of an Atkins ketosis thing, then read it's not it's the calorie deficit so I'm now really confused could you explain it to me please?
Thanks Abi

Ketosis just stops you being hungry. If you get hungry you will struggle to keep to the diet and may nibble at real food and the diet will not work. It's just to make life easier on the diet. Directly, coming out of ketosis will not stop you losing weight but indirectly it may.

Back