How much do you exercise?

I am totally addicted to the gym - 2-3 body pump classes a week, 1-2 legs, bums and tums, 1 water aerobics and 3 sessions of mixed cardio lasting 45 mins. And 2 yoga classes. The body pump has totally changed my body shape :D

What's body pump like? My gym offers it. I'm keen to try some classes but want to know what they're like first and if I could handle them!

At the moment I just do one class at the gym a week (and so pay as I go). I'm sure if I did more my losses would increase, but im quite happy with them at the moment! Me and my sister bought a wii fit board today and ive just ordered the Biggest Loser game, so hopefully that will be another 1-2 work outs a week! But I work a lot (and at a pub in the evenings) so any free time I have (which is pretty much monday night, tuesday night, thursday day (already at the gym in the morning), saturday day, and sunday night...I just dont feel like going to the gym in!

Hopefully biggest loser will be really good, I love games so hopefully I can get really into it! Although I do tend to over play and then get bored of games easily 2 lol!! x

I am starting 2 x 1 hour sessions next week with a personal trainer. I walk my dog for about 1.5 - 2 hours at the weekends (hills usually and at a fairly quick pace) and horse ride once a week. Until I start with the PT don't think I'll notice much of a difference....... x

For anyone just starting out or toying with the idea of exercise, I'd say just try it, whether it's just a short walk in the park or a class. You'll find it gets addictive.

You never regret doing exercise. Even when I don't really feel like exercising, I push myself and always feel better. I do videos from home, mainly step aerobics, and try to do at least 3 sessions a week.

I thought everyone was going to say they were total fitness freaks lol turns out my hour a week is fine! I'm going to stick to an hour a week for now then build it up over time. Missing the gym tonight though as I forgot to pack my gym clothes!

I would definitely recommending starting exercise if you haven't! I felt so amazing after it and proud of myself for actually moving my limbs! :)

I think becoming fit is just as important as losing weight. I've heard a few go to me cut down on your working out you'll gain muscle weight, I think that stupid advice! So what if you gain half a stone on the scales with muscle, you'll still look 10x better

I think becoming fit is just as important as losing weight. I've heard a few go to me cut down on your working out you'll gain muscle weight, I think that stupid advice! So what if you gain half a stone on the scales with muscle, you'll still look 10x better

This is exactly right!

I've added a photo below of 5lbs of fat vs 5lbs of muscle - look at the difference in size!! Just goes to show that even though muscle weighs more than fat, it's still better to build muscle!

5lb-fat-muscle.jpg

Back