How much do you exercise?

sonya

Hi, I have been doing this diet for a little over three weeks now and I have had an incredible weight loss but I have not dropped down a size. :(

I was wondering whether you could tell me whether any of you guys are exercising and what sorts of things you are doing?

I really need some motivation as I had a slip up at the weekend but I'm determined to get back to it today and I'm 100% and going strong as yet. I'd just like to hear your experiences to give me that extra push! :)

Hi Sonya!

Your losses are fantastic!! Well done!!
I go to the gym twice a week, which i did before the diet, but have dropped down the amount of cardio and fat burn i do as don't want to burn too many calories. So i spend alot of time doing weights and resistance, and using the powerplates to start toning up.
I also bought a wii fit which is great if you are on this diet as its not too strenuous, and i try to do the muscle exercises and some yoga 2-3 times a week. I just go with how i'm feeling if i start feeling a bit weak i stop and do some stretching etc. So i would start off light, walking is great and see how you go. Hope that helps xx

Hi Sonja,

You have done amazingly well - keep going. I am into my third week now and having done some exercise have dropped a size in some of my clothes. I run anyway so on the days I feel energetic I get a friend to run with me and have done a couple of Pilates classes. It is tough though when you have very little energy to spare.

Firstly, your losses are amazing - well done!!

I go to the gym 3 times a week for 30 minutes and do air resistance weights. I also walk the dog so that's the cardio sorted!!

Thanks for sharing with me.

It's difficult for me to get to the gym and do not feel as motivated at home. I have started to work with some weights to tone my arms. Does anyone know anything about the power plates. Do you feel they help?

I do between 2 and 8 hours of Karate. I also have a dog who needs a lot of working, run the after school club at school which keeps me running around and I have a Wii fit.

I know it must be so demotivating for you Sonya, not to have lost any inches following such a great weigh loss, but it WILL happen.

You just have to believe in it.
Try measuring yourself all over and not just the areas on your card. The place that I noticed the loss first of all was from my calves on my legs.

It's strange the differences in weight you need to lose a dress size and like others have said it depends where the weight is coming off from. Well done on losing so much so quickly! Have you tried on some smaller sizes? I am still wearing the same size but jeans in a smaller size from one shop fit, just waiting for all the rest to fit too!

I do a bit of walking, last week walked back and forth to uni each day that's about 25 mins each way and did a 4.5 mile and a 7 mile walk.

Thanks Gembots, I know you are right, I guess I'm looking for a sign that it will happen! :p

I really don't exercise though and I am kinda beginning to realise that I should be. I have a Wii so I will definitely be getting the Wii fit. Do you know if you can get yoga or Pilate's on the Wii?

Better get googling! ;)

Yoga is on the Wii Fit.
Nice basic stuff that eases you into it ~ but you have to complete other things to open up new exercises. :D It helps to keep you motivated.

There's a new Wii game out called something along the lines of "My Fitmess Trainer" . . or something like that.
From all that I've heard, it is VERY good, so maybe keep an eye out for it.

Yoga is on the Wii Fit.
Nice basic stuff that eases you into it ~ but you have to complete other things to open up new exercises. :D It helps to keep you motivated.

There's a new Wii game out called something along the lines of "My Fitmess Trainer" . . or something like that.
From all that I've heard, it is VERY good, so maybe keep an eye out for it.

My mistake. It's called My Fitness Coach.

Hey, I've just been googling and it looks great. I will most definitely be buying that. I want to work out at home but need that motivation and guidance so this is right up my street.

Thanks guys, you really are a fountain of knowledge!

Sounds like a deal to me. I probably won't be able to get it until a couple of weeks as I am having to budget!! :mad:

I know all about budgeting.
I'm going to get the Fitness Coach one and we'll be Wii buddies.:D

Hi hun,

I have a treadmill at home for when the weather is bad but when it is good I go for walks in the countryside. Seems to have toned my hips and thighs up loads - plus it is gentle enough that i dont feel wasted afterwards. x

I've just played on the Wii fit for an hour! I love it. Just unlocked a new boxing game!:D

Im going to get on the Wii tonight, and will also look at that fitness coach.
Sonya I cant belive that you havent lost a dress size with such great weight losses, It will happen, I know it must be so disheartening. keep going, Im hoping I get some good weight losses like you.

I have a treadmill too. I stick a film or episode of some TV show on my ipod and I'm well away.

On the Wii though, I'm addicted to the Lego games ~ I'm so sad that I play them on the DS too.:silly:

Back