How much do you spend on a weekly shop?

Faery

♥ On the road to a new me
Do you think its possible to be on slimming world on a tight budget? I'm used to cheap ready meals (because I'm having to pay for a house alone after a break up) I like this plan, but its obviously more pricey! Some of the pictures in the meal sections look fab, but I've got a feeling I'll be stuck with syn free chips and beans lol.

I've only been on this plan a few days and I'm down 6lbs already! (obsessive scale hopper)

I made a bolognese pasta bake on Weds and that made four portions. Quorn mince is a pound in Sainsburys at the moment and the macaroni and other bolognese bits were fairly cheap...a lot cheaper than four cheap ready meals certainly and a lot better tasting!!!

I think you can definitely do it. You just have to plan ahead!

Good luck x

I spend about £40 a week and thats for me, OH and our 2 year old. I tend to buy alot of things on offer. If you buy the cheaper cuts of meat and bulk meals up, they tend to be alot cheaper than ready meals. For example if I made sw spag bol I usually add in a tins of beans or peas. So it bulks it out, I can freeze the other portion and I get more SS in my meal.

Oops! Theres loads of threads on this, should have checked first! Thanks for the replies :). I guess its easier when you get used to the type of meals you eat on SW, I'll try making bulk meals and freezing them I think.

Back