how much does it cost

I have a shake in the morning and soups for lunch and dinner, there are so many different flavours, I'm sure you will find something you like.

On the CD there are soups and shakes which come in sachets and you mix up with water. Then there are ready made shakes in cartons. And then there are bars which are a bit like a regular chocolate bar in shape and size.

Do you work in the city centre? I'm at the north of the city centre. Just tell your colleagues you're trying to get fit and then go for a 30 min lunch break outside and sit and eat your bar or ready made shake then. I'll come and meet you for moral support if you're local.

It sounds expensive, but I can easily spend £35 in the supermarket just on food for me for a week, and then on top of that as people have said it's the nipping to the paper shop on a sunday morning and buying a pack of croissants for sunday breakfast and a carton of orange juice and a pack of biscuits cos they were reduced (a bit) and it all adds up. The amount I can spend in the co-op when I've only nipped in for some milk is staggering!

i'm at the bottom end of the city centre, near the hilton (aka the building that looks like a huge public toilet, how come we get a scraggy hilton!!).

i'm thinking about it. think i might have to discuss it with OH again to see if we can work it into our finances. if we end up saving money that would be brilliant, ha. but even just staying the same would be good...

abz xx

more questions again i'm afraid. don't you find that with losing weight so fast your skin doesn't have chance to readjust? i'm only a stone down, four to go, and i reckon i'd end up all stretch marked and baggy!!

abz xx

Re Skin, I think that depends on a lot of things, age, disposition, the amount of time you have been over weight etc etc. Also, how much you have to lose.

I have been overweight for about 6 years, I am 32 and I ahve lost over 3 stone and currently (fingers crossed for hte last 2 stone!) I have no lose skin of strechmarks!

IMHO if your skin has been stretched already and doesn't have enough elasticity to spring back, then it doesn't matter how quickly or slowly you lose weight you'll end up with loose skin. However if you have youth on your side and a little bit of luck with genetics, then there's no reason why the skin won't spring back. I don't think speed of weight loss makes any difference.

I'm up near the university BTW.

dammit. i used to work in the uni library, ha. ah well. we'll have to meet up at some point although lunch breaks aren't going to cut it since we're at opposite ends of the city!!

i'm thinking more and more in favour of this cd thing... but i'm very good at going on the spur of the moment and diving into things. and i need to get past my mum's birthday bash at the weekend first in any case...

where do you meet your counsellor. do they come to you or do you go to them or what?

abz xx

My counsellor is in Meanwood and I go and see her every Monday. One week will be a proper chat and to get more products, the next week is a fly by weigh in to keep me on track. I used to go every fortnight but I need more motivation so I have a little drop in on the alternate weeks.

i just have to fight against the 'i like doing these things quietly and on my own' feeling. i don't like going to weigh ins, i don't like discussing it afterwards, i just like to do something and pootle on with it and not have to say a word. of course that's probably why i only stick to each thing i do for about three months...

abz xx

Hi Abz
Cost was a big factor for me too - almost (but not quite) prohibitive :eek:. Family of 5 food bill is steep anyway, without cost of CD on top. I'm doing an extra job in the evenings to pay for it.
I'm on day 7 CDSS... and I can't rate it highly enough... It's working for me - I'm sticking to it, not in the least bit tempted (again, money is a BIG factor in not falling of the wagon).
Hope this helps?

abz - it'll just be you and your counsellor, not a group. You can talk as much or as little as you like. My counsellor and I usually end up chatting about my horse or cars or our partners or something, it's not all diet diet diet, and she never gives me a hard time. I've got a friend at work who is doing CD and I'm the only one who knows. She has a shake before work, then makes up a soup discretely, drinks it at her desk and has another bar at home in the evening. She didn't want any fuss or criticism, whereas I don't care who knows what I'm doing!

well the only person at work who would notice is the chap i sit next to who is also a very good friend of mine. and he would criticise, unless i told him to shut the f*ck up. but he would disapprove. he is also someone who lives on crap and all he has to show for it is the fact he used to be a scrawny chap and now he's ever so slightly chubby. but i think he only looks that way because i knew him before!! he's just hit 28. i can't help having this gleeful feeling that he'll get to 30 and just go PLODGE!!! hee.

abz xx

My counsellor is in Meanwood and I go and see her every Monday. One week will be a proper chat and to get more products, the next week is a fly by weigh in to keep me on track. I used to go every fortnight but I need more motivation so I have a little drop in on the alternate weeks.

howdy. was wondering what your cdc was called? i have just rung one but first her phone was engaged and then she didn't answer the phone so have had to leave a message. no doubt she'll ring when i'm not here and the chase will being with my work hours not matching somebody else's. it happens quite a lot... *sigh*

abz xx

My husband and I brought a weeks worth of packs for us both shakes and soups - cost us £73.00 total. She explained that it will be goin up as of July.

Back