1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

How much fat

Discussion in 'Paleo / Primal Diet' started by miss vlcd38, 24 January 2013 Social URL.

1. miss vlcd38

miss vlcd38 Well-Known Member

Just wanting to know how much fat we are supposed to be consuming per day?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Plumfoodie

Plumfoodie Paleo maintenance rocks!

The reading I have done has said - make sure you get enough protein for your weight, make sure you don't get too many carbs depending on your goals (50-100g/day for fat loss, no more than 150g for maintenance I think), and then make up the rest of the calories with fat. I eat a lot of fat!

4. miss vlcd38

Ok that's great, can you remember how much protien it is for the weight ?

Then I can work out what I'm doing.

5. Plumfoodie

Plumfoodie Paleo maintenance rocks!

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a hard and fast rule on protein, everyone seems to advise something different. Mark Sisson says:

"At a minimum you need .5 grams of protein per pound of lean mass/per day on average to maintain your “structure”. If you are moderately active you need .7 or .8, and if you are an active athlete you need as much as 1 gram of protein per pound of lean mass." - note this is lean mass which means you need a rough idea of your body fat %. :)

From: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/definitive-guide-to-the-primal-eating-plan/ which is good reading on this subject!

6. miss vlcd38

Ok thats cool ive done the maths and my protein is fine ive kept my carbs between 100-50 and my fat today was 74g so looks like im doing ok

I shall keep on going as i have been

7. DeeCe

DeeCe Well-Known Member

My trainer recommends 1g protein per kg you weigh?