How much holiday damage is acceptable?

i'll be interested to see if that's true on weigh day at SW thurs!

Indeed! The real moment of truth!

Well done, though, that's great only putting on 1lb! :)

I've been worried about this too, which is a shame as I'm about to go on my first foreign holiday in about 20 years!

I'm packing my books although I'm not going to menu plan or anything. I know which foods are free, superfree or fattening. I'm hoping the nice (hot!) weather will make me want more salads than stodge, and that we'll be quite active with walking a lot.

I do fear putting on a lot though as I've found it hard to stay motivated with being on track. It's been hard to lose the stone and a half I have so far, so it will feel like a massive fail if I put on any more than 2 or 3lbs. :(

I think it's just common sense though at the end of the day. I'm not going to deprive myself but at the same time, I know I won't drink a bottle of wine every night (I'll drink 2! Ah ha ha ha! - kidding! I'd be so ill!).

Hope we all have good holidays and then when we get back, it'll be the motivation to get slim for christmas! :eek:

please dont say the c word !!!!!

not long nowwwwwwww... ;)

dont waste your holiday.

I gained 6.5lb in one week over xmas, 5.5 on my birthday.. another 5lb the other week just cos'.

Its not about being 'acceptable'

if your in this for life.. you enjoy this holiday and sort it out when u get back.

Bet youd have no quarms going off plan when your at target? the journey there is no different, its a life change, and gains are part of life. Big or small, no ones to judge whats right or wrong.. your body will do what it likes, so even if you ate the same as someone else all week, your gains/losses could be very different. Dont ruin your holiday worrying or assessing each meal and treat..

just go, be free, enjoy it. face the music when you get back. Its not a set back, its a learning curve.

xxxx

Im going to Scotland for five days in August. Home of the deep fried mars bar and the worlds greatest fry-ups. I hope they do synfree haggis up there! :D

Im off to Florida for 1 week next friday with my mam and sister and although im prepared to go easyish im not gonna stick to the plan entirely as i have no idea when i will be on holiday again :(

What have you people managed over a holiday - sts? 2lbs on?

Have a great time, don't eat too many pancakes, french toast or hash browns for breakfast (these were my favourite :eek:).

I went canoeing a couple of times when in Florida (years ago) and really enjoyed it. I also went for long walks a couple of times but the americans called me crazy :confused:

We're off on holiday in July and I'm dreading it, I think I'll have to do a bit of regular excercise or else it'll all come back on again :eek:

I went on holiday at christmas, and had no intentions of staying on plan AT ALL!

We went to prague for 3 nights (buffet brekkie), and then to barcelona for the remainder of our hols (self catering), because of the snow we ended up on holiday for a total of 4 WEEKS! Thankfully Easyjet put us up in a very posh four star hotel (full board).

I ate until my hearts content, and I mean it, half a french stick a day, family sized bags of crisps, pastries, ice cream, chocolate, lattes times a million! The buffet breakfasts were bread, meat, juice, cheese, granola...I went mad and ate it all. I was prepared for a big gain and when I got back I had only put on 2lb...which came straight back of the next week!

Holidays and things happen but if you enjoy yourself and not worry yourself you will enjoy it more! Holidays are a normal part of life so if you have a week off plan it doesn't matter, as long as when you step back of the plane you get back on plan and you're in control again. xxx

Very wise words and makes me feel a little better. I went away last friday to Weymouth and went off to asda with all intentions of making all my meals and being really good, Friday i had a chicken salad ( was on a red day) and shared a bottle of wine with hubby. I took my scales with me as i was due to weigh on the sat. I got up to find i lost 7 lbs on myh first week of slimming world was so chuffed. Anyway we went of to sea life and i took fruit and muller lights with me and hoping to of got a jacket potato and beans but they were all prepacked full of cheese. I was starving even though i made myself brown bread and poached eggs in the morning. In the night i made my jacket potato with beans but once we were ion the pub wine and the cheesy garlic bread was so much temptation and it tempted me in the end. On the sunday i drank larger outside in the sunshine and had nimpled of crisps and bought myself some truffles from a lovely chocolate shop. By monday i could of really kicked myself but from monday i have been so strict with myself. Stuck to the plan and limited my syns to 2 or 3 hoping that by saturday it would rectified itself even a stay the same would be great but like the others said really in the grand scheme of things if i do put ona pound or two then i will just get straight back on plan and get it off again. I am in control now. I did however walk loads and loads when away so hoping that helped too. x

Back