How much is LL now?

Starlight,

LL didn't used to charge VAT but HMRC challenged this and LL lost! The decision of the courts was that LL provided a service (the counselling), not just food, and a provision of a service is taxable at the standard rate of VAT (unlike food which is generally exempt). The fact that you could just buy the packs and leave, without getting the 'service' was considered irrelevant. They also decided that you couldn't split the amount that related to the foodpacks and how much related to the counselling so we pay VAT on the whole lot!!

It's annoying as it's only 'luxury's foods that are normally taxed - and I think we'd all agree the foodpacks are hardly a luxury! :)

Mines £66 for the next 12 weeks, LLC even put up posters too announcing it as its an all round promotion (i assume for the the new year dieters!).
I cant get over your LLC Loula and i totally wouldnt put up with it as shes deffo pulling a fast one and id report her funny business!

Strange................we'll have to check it out.

My llc says discount is on until the spring. I also got a free magazine tonight and they tried to flog me a recipe book too!

I had a squizz in the magazine as I get them delivered and it says in there on the second page that it is back to the old rates until 31 March 2011 ie £66 a week for total...

Jez
xx

Back