How much is too much?

Phoenyx

Step away from the cake..
So I had my first roast chicken since starting on Atkins. It's been years since I had the skin and some of the fat and oh wow, it was sooo much more juicy and flavourful! I got carried away and ate half a large chicken!!! I'm stuffed now, which prob means I ate too much...all valid Atkins food, can I get away with doing this on occasion or is it going to show on the scales? I've had 19g carbs today, mostly green veg...

Replied on the other thread but: try and only eat until you're full, not absolutely bursting, but chicken is a fantastic food and you can absolutely get away with eating half of one.

Thank you, it's lovely to have reassurance! I'm not planning on doing this too often, but looking back, id let myself get too hungry before. I was full of energy after though - did some cleaning and dancing to music (!) which is unheard of for me! In my pre atkins days I didn't get up off the sofa in the evening and would have been picking at sweet stuff all evening which is far worse than a very large chicken portion!

What moonlights said!

Don't worry about it at all. Anyway, as you carry on with low carbing, you'll find that your appetite gets less. With me, it just sort of turned off and I have to remind myself to eat. But if you're hungry - then eat!

Back