how much more should I lose?

leanne641

Hi all.. got a bit of a pickle here :/ I feel like I have done really well and I feel amazing being the lightest iv been in my adult life. I started (well restarted) WW in October at 11st 9lbs 1/4 and to date I weigh 9st 4lbs 1/2... pretty good ay? I think so! I'm so proud of myself but I wish every1 shared this sentiment... every time I go into work I get Ohh you just got ur little sandwich today or how skinny are u getting? U look ill! I go home to my mam and brother saying theyv had enough of this dieting and I need to stop. I'M NOT FINISHED! ARGH sorry lol...
However, my boyfriend on the other hand is really happy for me (and himself lol) and thinks that I should strive to be the best I can be and only stop when I'm happy. I'm in total agreement with him.
Saying all this. This has became a way of life for me now and I am probably slightly obsessed (I think you have to be to succeed) I just want to know when I HAVE to stop to be healthy. I'm 5'5 and age 23 if that helps any. Apologies for the rant and thanks in advance if any1 helps :) xx

I think it al depends on how much muscle etc. Do you look really skinny? Your at a good weight for your height I think. The lowest ww joining weight is 8.13 for your height. It's all about where your comfortable and what you can maintain.

I don't think I look skinny.. slim maybe. But I have my hangups still like belly/legs etc. I don't workout. Just walk a lot X

You're quite close to the lowest possible weight you should be for your height. I wouldn't aim to lose anymore if I was you but then maybe you're a small build (petite frame?). I'm not & could _never_ be that light lol so I'm not sure? Maybe they're only looking out for you as you probably look thin to them and they're wondering why you're still "dieting". You'll need to start maintaining soon which means eating a bit more so maybe they'll chill out then? Some of the comments (at work etc.) will be pure jealousy so ignore it if you can.
I'm all for people striving to be the best they can be... But that doesn't always mean being the lightest weight, you could try building some muscle now that you've lost all the weight? That way you can eat a bit more (you gotta feed your muscles lol) & still be looking after your weight, diet & shape. You'll find what's right for you... What you need to do is decide for yourself I suppose. Don't let co workers, family or your boyfriend tell you how you should look. If you're happy in yourself, that's what matters x

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Congrats on your achievements and well done that is some loss. My advice to u is to stay within a healthy bmi and for your height the lowest u should go is 8st 13lbs. I too lost my weight back in 2005 and at 5'2 I weighed in at 8st 3lbs and I got the same comments from friends n family about being too thin. Where am I now I'm back to 12stone. Don't listen to anyone it's jealousy stay within a healthy bmi as I said, check with ur leader what healthy bmi for u is. Point everything until u hit goal. After that u will have to maintain and enjoy life!

Back