How much water is too much water?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Amber34, 25 September 2007 Social URL.

1. Amber34

Amber34 Full Member

Diet:
    Briffa/Atkins
    Hi

I started on the Cambridge yesterday (and am not really loving it so far, but I know I'll be over the worst soon and can't wait to start shifting the fat) and am determined to keep my water intake as high as I can tolerate.

Overall I had around 5 litres yesterday, plus coffee which resulted in using an unthinkable number of public toilets yesterday :eek: in 7 different towns as I travelled around for my work, but it's all for a good cause.

Today I've had around 2 litres already plus a few coffees and am aiming for 6 litres total.

Is there a saturation point when too much water becomes unhealthy, and does anyone know roughly how much that is?

Thanks

A
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Big H

Big H Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(19.82%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    6 Litres is fine. Anymore probably aint good, but unless you drink 11 or over you are not doing any harm

Somebody may correct me - but this is what I understand

Good luck

4. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I would aim for between 4-5 litres a day...don't drink it down to quickly as this can cause the kidneys problems coping. Spread the water out maybe 1/2 litre every half hour...drunk slowly.
    6 litres shouldn't cause a problem but no need to go over..you will still have a good weight loss.
    Good luck and get through the next couple of days you will then be in ketosis and feel a lot better.

5. Amber34

Amber34 Full Member

Diet:
    Briffa/Atkins
    Thanks for your replies - it's great to have some reassurance. I doubt I'll manage much more than 6, but at least I know I don't have to push myself to acheive that - I might try to stick to the 5 litre mark - and maybe avoid at least one public toilet a day!;)

I think the diet has started to effect my brain (what little I have) because I am beginning to worry about silly little things, like too much water, and taking paracetamol for the headache, although on the plus side, I'm not feeling hungry.

Thanks again

A
    x

6. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    You can take paracetamol for your headache that's not a problem.. headaches should go when you hit Ketosis,,

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.