How much water is too much water?

Amber34

Hi

I started on the Cambridge yesterday (and am not really loving it so far, but I know I'll be over the worst soon and can't wait to start shifting the fat) and am determined to keep my water intake as high as I can tolerate.

Overall I had around 5 litres yesterday, plus coffee which resulted in using an unthinkable number of public toilets yesterday :eek: in 7 different towns as I travelled around for my work, but it's all for a good cause.

Today I've had around 2 litres already plus a few coffees and am aiming for 6 litres total.

Is there a saturation point when too much water becomes unhealthy, and does anyone know roughly how much that is?

Thanks

A
x

6 Litres is fine. Anymore probably aint good, but unless you drink 11 or over you are not doing any harm

Somebody may correct me - but this is what I understand

Good luck

I would aim for between 4-5 litres a day...don't drink it down to quickly as this can cause the kidneys problems coping. Spread the water out maybe 1/2 litre every half hour...drunk slowly.
6 litres shouldn't cause a problem but no need to go over..you will still have a good weight loss.
Good luck and get through the next couple of days you will then be in ketosis and feel a lot better.

Thanks for your replies - it's great to have some reassurance. I doubt I'll manage much more than 6, but at least I know I don't have to push myself to acheive that - I might try to stick to the 5 litre mark - and maybe avoid at least one public toilet a day!;)

I think the diet has started to effect my brain (what little I have) because I am beginning to worry about silly little things, like too much water, and taking paracetamol for the headache, although on the plus side, I'm not feeling hungry.

Thanks again

A
x

Back