Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How much water is too much water?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Amber34, 25 September 2007 Social URL.

1. Amber34

Amber34 Full Member

Diet:
    Briffa/Atkins
    Hi

I started on the Cambridge yesterday (and am not really loving it so far, but I know I'll be over the worst soon and can't wait to start shifting the fat) and am determined to keep my water intake as high as I can tolerate.

Overall I had around 5 litres yesterday, plus coffee which resulted in using an unthinkable number of public toilets yesterday :eek: in 7 different towns as I travelled around for my work, but it's all for a good cause.

Today I've had around 2 litres already plus a few coffees and am aiming for 6 litres total.

Is there a saturation point when too much water becomes unhealthy, and does anyone know roughly how much that is?

Thanks

A
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Big H

Big H Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(19.82%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    6 Litres is fine. Anymore probably aint good, but unless you drink 11 or over you are not doing any harm

Somebody may correct me - but this is what I understand

Good luck

4. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I would aim for between 4-5 litres a day...don't drink it down to quickly as this can cause the kidneys problems coping. Spread the water out maybe 1/2 litre every half hour...drunk slowly.
    6 litres shouldn't cause a problem but no need to go over..you will still have a good weight loss.
    Good luck and get through the next couple of days you will then be in ketosis and feel a lot better.

5. Amber34

Amber34 Full Member

Diet:
    Briffa/Atkins
    Thanks for your replies - it's great to have some reassurance. I doubt I'll manage much more than 6, but at least I know I don't have to push myself to acheive that - I might try to stick to the 5 litre mark - and maybe avoid at least one public toilet a day!;)

I think the diet has started to effect my brain (what little I have) because I am beginning to worry about silly little things, like too much water, and taking paracetamol for the headache, although on the plus side, I'm not feeling hungry.

Thanks again

A
    x

6. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    You can take paracetamol for your headache that's not a problem.. headaches should go when you hit Ketosis,,

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.