How much water is too much?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by lemonpillows, 2 August 2010 Social URL.

1. lemonpillows

lemonpillows Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(18.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi,

I tend to get through 4litres of water a day on Sole Source / Sole source plus.

Sometimes though, I want to drink more, but I'm worried about drinking too much. I've heard the stories about people drinking too much and 'drowning' because of it.

How much is too much? I find 4litres quite easy. I am just under 17st, I cycle to work. Does the 'safe' amount change depending on time of the month, or erm.. whether you have runny poo? :s

Any advice gratefully received!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Fat-Boy-Slimmin

Fat-Boy-Slimmin On a mission

It's only dangerous if you have too much in a short space of time. Some people have 6 or 7 litres per day, which sounds crazy to me, but spread out over the day is fine.

4. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

I never go over 4.5 litres in my opinion im fine with that amount wouldnt drink anymore really.!

5. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    i drink 4 litres on the average day spaced out between 7am and midnight. on hot days or when im particularly active i might have 5 litres over that time frame.

i also sip my fluids rather than downing a glass or more at a time

6. lemonpillows

lemonpillows Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(18.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks guys. I only drink quickly just after my cycle to work, which I always have.

Good to know I'm not drinking too much. Thank you!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.