HOW MUCH WATER!?!?!

Hi guys, I started this diet yesterday, I know we are meant to drink at least 2.25ltrs of water per day yet sticking to the 'drink to shrink' theory I would obviously like to drink more!
Yesterday I drank around 3 ltrs, I know people sometimes struggle to drink the water, but at the moment I find it quite easy! (hope that continues) Lol!

So what I am really wondering is how much is a safe amount to drink, hear horror stories on flooded lungs and stuff so I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a kinda guideline I should stick to at all? I have 2 stone to lose

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Jennie x x

I did a bunch of reading about drinking too much water and its not really about how much you drink in the day but how fast. When people have been adversely affected by water its because they've drank large amounts of water in a very short amount of time.

The guideline I've heard is don't drink more than a bottle of water (roughly 16-20oz) in an hour. I try to drink at least 3 liters but not more than 4.

As for the "the more you drink" thing, I've read on the forum that its not a supported statement among CDCs. Can anyone remind me where the source is for this?

Hi guys, I started this diet yesterday, I know we are meant to drink at least 2.25ltrs of water per day yet sticking to the 'drink to shrink' theory I would obviously like to drink more!
Yesterday I drank around 3 ltrs, I know people sometimes struggle to drink the water, but at the moment I find it quite easy! (hope that continues) Lol!

So what I am really wondering is how much is a safe amount to drink, hear horror stories on flooded lungs and stuff so I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a kinda guideline I should stick to at all? I have 2 stone to lose

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Jennie x x

You know the drink to shrink theory is a myth that's banded around the web. No truth in it really. Of course, it will help water retention if you have that.

As for a maximum. I would say 4L max would be about right if you like to drink lots of water, but this could depend on height, weight etc as we are all different. Most problems come with drinking too much in one go, so space it out :)

As for the "the more you drink" thing, I've read on the forum that its not a supported statement among CDCs. Can anyone remind me where the source is for this?

Cambridge did write something which is quoted somewhere. I'll look it out in a mo, but I think it's been accepted as a myth for a long time, not just by Cambridge :)

Awww, thank you guys! Appreciate it :)

I'm happy to drink the wayer this time, didn't realise it was all just a myth! Hahha! I won't worry too much if I can't get as much water down one day then!!
Appreciate all your halp :)

Jennie x x

im only 5'1, and find 3 litres more than enough...

Back