how often do people actually have weeks where they gain?

Becca Wecca

skinny minny here I come!
my 3rd week in and my first gain you see. i had a party where it all went to pot! it was only 1lb so could have been alot worse. but do people have small gains often or is it i just heavily lack in willpower?!

I gain every four weeks, hormonal I suspect as I had a hysterectomy last year I don't know for sure!

Stay on plan...............don't gain......simples !!!

I had a few gains on the way - very unexpected ones as I was always 100%!

As you can see week 5 was my first one and I was inconsolable! - even the massive loss the week after didn't help!

Weeks 15 and 18 also saw annoying "blips"

Florida was a massive binge-fest lol.

Weeks when you gain are awful!

I have gained several times in the past year. Fortunately, none have been undeserved so they don't upset me much. If you let gains distress you then you are likely to fall off plan completely. Becca - just stick at it and try for a better result next week :)

Most people will gain quite a few times along their SW journey. When you have a big occasion and go off plan then most will expect a little gain. At the end of the day SW is meant as a plan for life. In life we have times when we are going to eat/drink more than others. As long as its not every week, you know the reason why and your on plan the next day (or next meal if possible) they won't be too big and the week after they'll be gone.

I have them every few weeks - sometimes they're deserved, sometimes they're unexpected and sometimes I've been on plan and it's TOTM. One thing I do know is that if I get straight back on the plan after WI the gain (and usually some more) will be gone the next week.

It's not the odd little gain of a lb or so that will cause you to fall off the wagon, it's the pounds that will follow if you don't get back on plan!

I've taken quite a scenic route with my weight loss and don't regret it one bit, I know that wouldn't be right for everyone but it's worked for me :)

Back