Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

how often do you weigh yourself?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by beinggood, 4 May 2010 Social URL.

1. beinggood

beinggood Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.39%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    How often do you weigh yourself?

I weigh myself every day. Does this mean I am obsessing a little too much?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jabbathehut

jabbathehut This is the last time!!

Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Every couple of days xx

4. ** Just Jools **

** Just Jools ** Slow & steady does it!!!!

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(26.2%)
    Twice a day sometimes!!! :eek: :8855:

As long as you don't start getting stressed/depressed/discouraged by what you see I don't really think it matters.

I'm just amazed at my body fluctuations considering I'm eating/drinking the same thing day out. It's fascinating! x x

5. lyndzi76

lyndzi76 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.95%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I weigh myself every morning, some times even twice a day. But I do take it with a pinch of salt as I wait for the "official scales"

6. Greeneyes11

Greeneyes11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.57%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    I weigh before bed and first thing in the morning, but I go by my CDCs scales for my official WI.....

7. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Every morning :D and night before bed if i remember to! not that the night time weigh matters lol

Around 3pm im around 3 pounds heavier than the morning usually ! madness

8. Mifford

Mifford Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9.5lb(10.49%)
    Diet:
    WW
    every single time I walk into the bathroom - its probably a minimum of 5 times a day. Not just from the diet either - I'm beginning to think I may actually have some kind of scales addiction!! :eek:

I have even put them away since Saturday and agreed with Amanda on here that I won't weigh myself as long as she sticks to 100% - part of me is hoping she fails so I can get them out again lol In full seriousness though I am having total panic attacks at the scales not being there - its like someone has taken away my safety blanket.

Weird thing is half the time I take no notice whatsoever of what they say and I will definitey be going by the CDCs weigh ins only but I have to know I can get on them and that they are there. I think it somes from 21 years of health problems all being blamed on my weight making me more than slightly obsessed with it - turns out to be my thyroid that's the problem which is what I told them all along!

I think its safe to say that I'm probably not normal though - especially as everyone else seems to be feeling guilty admitting its as much as twice a day ;)

9. hatesfatherinlaw

hatesfatherinlaw Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(24.32%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    im definatly obssessed but i think it keeps me going knowing that my small goals are being met- though im 2.5 stones off target every few days im a few pounds nearer to my target- :)

10. beinggood

beinggood Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.39%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Im glad I am not the only daily weigher ! HA HA I noticed my weight fluctuates a lot if I weigh at night.

11. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    i get weighed once a week by my cdc

i used to have scales at home, had to get rid of them, i was weighing myself everytime i went to the bathroom and just nipping on them wasnt good enough i had to strip off and have a wee first, it was getting silly

12. Keely

Keely Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.77%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    this has made me :) i was getting to the same addiction i think, mine have now been hidden out of my reach! Made me concentrate more on sticking to SS 100% though... worth it! xxx

13. DebbieMiller1981

DebbieMiller1981 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(17.29%)
    Diet:
    Sw
    I weigh most days, thought not every single day but sometimes more than once! Keeps me focussed though, I don't cope well with suprises- I like to know where I am x

14. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I weighed myself every morning and evening when I was doing the diet. Certainly kept me motivated. With maintenance I weigh daily (as recommended). I found it torture to try and stay off them, and decided that I had to desensitise myself to them. It's just a number. A number that charts little bumps and squiggles. It's a part of my daily life like looking in the mirror when I clean my teeth or do my hair.

Of course, when I was on the diet, it was great to see the scales go down, but if they didn't, I knew they would very soon, and probably with a jump :clap:

No sighs, no drama, no sadness, no letting it dictate my day. No shouts of "OMG...what am I doing wrong!!!" because if you are sticking to the plan, you can't be doing anything wrong and the trend on the scales will go down.

It's a cool tool ;)

15. YummyMummy2B

YummyMummy2B Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(3.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Every couple of days normally, although I did weigh today after wi yesterday! To begin with it was everyday - I couldnt believe I'd lost x amount of lbs in a day lol.

16. chelseaharvey

chelseaharvey Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    The Dukan Diet
    I only weigh once a week & that is through my CB consultant. I dont have scales in the house & nor would i as i would be tempted to jump on them every day

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.