How often do you weigh yourself?

kimlo

I personally weigh myself once a week.

I've seen a few people on this forum who say they weigh themselves daily. I would be very discouraged if I weighed myself daily I think.

So how often do you weigh yourself?
Do you try to weigh yourself under the same conditions each week?

I weigh myself on the same day each week before breakfast, without clothes(excuse the image :p)

Any weigh-in rituals?

I weigh myself quite often, not religiously every day, maybe every other day, just to see how I'm getting on. It can be disheartening, especially when I'm heavier on WI day than I was 3 days before!!

My proper weigh in is on a Wednesday morning, before breakfast when I first get up :).

Weekly, because those are the only times I can see the scales.

Once I bring them over here, probably daily/every other day. :)

Most days but I don't know why because i just torture myself! The only ones I trust though are the ones at work or if I'm off work I'll go to boots :)

ive been doing it weekly but was thinking about doing it fortnightly as i think ill see more of a difference and be more encouraged.

If I had scales at home, it would be a lot - many, many times a day. Basically any time I went upstairs or to the bathroom. That's why I don't own scales anymore. I didn't weigh myself for many months to try and break the obsession but as I'm nearing the end of my journey I now weigh once a week at my Mum's place. I like to keep an eye on my weight without becoming consumed by it.

Morrigan said:
If I had scales at home, it would be a lot - many, many times a day. Basically any time I went upstairs or to the bathroom. That's why I don't own scales anymore. I didn't weigh myself for many months to try and break the obsession but as I'm nearing the end of my journey I now weigh once a week at my Mum's place. I like to keep an eye on my weight without becoming consumed by it.

I'm exactly like that and it drives me mad! We have aset ofscales in the loo at work (I work on a mental health unit) so I now try and always use a different toilet coz I can't trust myself!

Most days :) I like seeing the numbers either STS or inch down a bit further ;) far too impatient to wait a whole WEEK!!! plus I can see exactly what happens when I fall off the wagon!! Gaining 3lb in water retention overnight is a BIG deterrent for me lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Before I started CC, when I knew that I had put on weight, I was hopping on and off the scales like a mad woman. In the last couple of weeks, I've managed to just do it once a week - Saturday morning, first thing, before breakfast. I also measure myself then (so far I have lost inches as well as 2 pounds, which makes me happy!).

Weekly...every monday morning first thing....as naked as the day I was born :) hee hee

Scale hopping is very discouraging, as I personally find weight alters day by day, not always for the better!!!

On a previous diet, I had to ask my hubby to hide the scales as it was too tempting to hop on daily..and get disheartened.

Now, I've learned...ALWAYS stick to the same set of scales, weekly, at the same timeof day....then I have no room to 'blame' other scales etc if the result is bad!!!! lol )

I think everyone on here is being very good. I officially weigh once a week but I found the last few weeks I was too half hearted about the diet coz at the begining of the week the next weigh in seemed such a long way off.

I am now getting weighed every day and hoping that will give me the 'kick up the backside' I need to keep me on task. I know it's not the right thing to do but i think it's something I need at the moment.

Tracey

Official WI is first thing saturday, but I like to do a check each morning I find it helps to know which foods are making me gain overnight. I decided this time I would make friends with the scales and I know now that sometimes they misbehave but that is not a reason to fall off the wagon.

Last edited:
I'm surprised how many people weigh themselves in almost daily.

I think I would quit dieting if I got my results daily. A week does seem like a long time but I enjoy seeing one bigger number then lots of small numbers.

tarotwoman said:
I think everyone on here is being very good. I officially weigh once a week but I found the last few weeks I was too half hearted about the diet coz at the begining of the week the next weigh in seemed such a long way off.

I am now getting weighed every day and hoping that will give me the 'kick up the backside' I need to keep me on task. I know it's not the right thing to do but i think it's something I need at the moment.

Tracey

I don't think there is ever a 'wrong' way to do things :) as long as it's not making your life harder and your realistic about normal daily fluctuations then I think daily weighing is fine!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I weigh myself daily, every morning before I eat, wearing my birthday suit. But I only count Tuesdays as the offical weekly weigh in date. I picked Tuesdays because that was the first day I started to diet.

I weigh myself daily to keep myself in check and to see what foods I was responding to in losing weight and gaining weight. When I was doing LCHF (low carb high fat) I noticed that tomatoes and onions (both are not too good in LCHF) made me gain a half a pound to a pound over night. If I cut them out or eat very little of them the weight flew off.

Personally I dont own any scales, I think this stems from me refusing to accept exactly how much I weigh. Also then if anyone commented on my weight I could respond with "I really dont know as I dont have scales"!!

So I weigh in at SW every tues eve! I hate looking at the numbers they are black and grumpy!!

Green would be much better lol x

pepshouse said:
Personally I dont own any scales, I think this stems from me refusing to accept exactly how much I weigh. Also then if anyone commented on my weight I could respond with "I really dont know as I dont have scales"!!

So I weigh in at SW every tues eve! I hate looking at the numbers they are black and grumpy!!

Green would be much better lol x

Aww thats so cute, black and grumpy

I weigh myself to often!

I don't own a digital scale used to and weighed in everytime I walked in the kitchen cause that's where I kept it and was always saddened by what it would say in the afternoon even though I knew it was from what I ate but now I do it once a day on my wii first thing after I pee and nothing is in my system

Back