How often you weigh?

Pumpkin31

I spent years without scales because I became quiet obsessed with weighing (I used to weigh about 4 times a day). Well I've now got new funky scales that gives you loads of stats. I weigh every morning and my weight just isn't shifting.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong I've stuck too 1400 cals and under (what my diet app advised but it wasn't mfp trying that one today) in fact on one day I put on 2 ounces -yes I know it's not much but it's the principle.

Advise or help would be greatly appreciated :)

X

Our bodies, especially us ladies, will ALWAYS fluctuate naturally. A few ounces is nothing - a few pounds isn't either. I gained and lost TEN pound over night this week. Only take heed of a weekly, or even monthly weigh in. It helps you see the much bigger picture, and you WILL see the weight going down.

Are you eating or netting 1400? If you're only eating 1400 but doing exercise, you're probably eating far too little to fuel your body properly, hence it trying to retain weight - it has to get energy from somewhere.

MFP is the bees knees. Have a looky, set your goals right, and jump on board the steady-loss-bus!

You're gonna love it!

Our bodies, especially us ladies, will ALWAYS fluctuate naturally. A few ounces is nothing - a few pounds isn't either. I gained and lost TEN pound over night this week. Only take heed of a weekly, or even monthly weigh in. It helps you see the much bigger picture, and you WILL see the weight going down.

Are you eating or netting 1400? If you're only eating 1400 but doing exercise, you're probably eating far too little to fuel your body properly, hence it trying to retain weight - it has to get energy from somewhere.

MFP is the bees knees. Have a looky, set your goals right, and jump on board the steady-loss-bus!

You're gonna love it!

Fantastic advice :D

I try to weigh once a week, in the morning before breakfast.

I do sometimes weigh an extra one or two times though, it is difficult to refrain!

I'm netting around 1400 cals, even if I do exercise. It all went to hell today anyway. So tomorrow is a new day, going to use mfp and off work for 2 weeks so can focus more on this hopefully. Thanks for your advise x

If the scale is really stuck, maybe try a few days where you eat more. Not loads more, maybe 200 - 300 cals more. Then weigh yourself at the end of that week and see what happens. It might be that 1400 is just too low for your metabolism.

I also agree that you should space out your weigh-ins by at least a week if not longer.

You're gonna love it!

this is fantastic advice! daily weigh ins are a set up for failure imho as you will get dissapointed and think ah whats the point. A weekly or monthly weigh in is always best.
I weigh in every week at the same (ish) time in the same place with no clothes always the same. I dont weigh in if i am having totm as i gain water weight then and i will get dissapointed so i just wait till everything has settled and weigh in the week after.
hth
xxx

Back