How Personal Is Your Goal?

I have never been slim, apart from when I was about 5 and under!! I guess a series of things set this off.. such as my older siblings leaving home, I was quite lonely I suppose and turned to food! Also I think I was born lazy. Then college came, and my mum wouldn't make me packed lunches anymore LOL! so it was crisps and rubbish for lunches...

Then I got into a bit of an abusive relationship. He used to say that he felt sick looking at me and things like that I had tiger scratches on my back (stretch marks) he made me diet but I never stuck to it and ended up putting on a LOT of weight instead...!

Then I stayed about the same until I lost my job... I've put on about a stone or maybe a bit more since then... so my goals are all about reversing this:

goal 1- get under 13 stone- which is the slimmest i've been in recent history (when I did WW)
goal 2- get to the stage where my boyfriend finds me sexy.. it's a bit of a vicious circle though because the only time he doesn't find me sexy is when I am being very self conscious but I'm self conscious because I think he doesn't like the look of me.. So really.. goal 2 is to feel sexy, myself! lol complicated
goal 3 - achieve a BMI of 22, purely because I read somewhere that people with a bmi of 22 are healthiest/ visit doctor least etc..

ranting sorry!

I think it's definitely personal, because no one really knows that I even admit that I'm overweight! Apart from the bf, and a few friends I have that are also overweight

I remember on my first visit to my CDC when we discussed what my goal weight should be, and we decided on 9 stone but even as I said it I thought "yeah right".

I've only just started to admit to my goal weight (outside this forum) now that I am nearly there, as I've tried unsuccessfully for the last 14 years to reach it so I didn't want to look stupid or get the usual chorus of "here we go again" as with every previous dieting attempt.

Sooo pleased I found CD!

my goal was mainly clothes size. i dreamed of being a size 8 (European size 36), but i never got that far, and am now a size 8/10 (sometimes 12 if it's stuff like dresses, as my boobs are quite big). also, i wanted to get down to an even 60kg, coz it just looks so pretty:) then i thought: hmm, 59kg would be even better, because it has a nice 5 in front of it. and also, i wanted to get down to the lowest healthy BMI just in case i gain some weight after the diet, so even if i gained, i would still be slim. but in the end, i decided i can't be bothered with more dieting, and am now 63kg and a size 10, which is still nice (although i still can't fit into size 36 Zara clothes;P ). i think i just wanted to become this nice round and perfect number, as i don't like the in-between numbers on the scales. so- first i wanted to be 100kg, then 90kg, then 80kg, then 70 and so forth:) i think i might be obsessive-compulsive:D

Izmirka, you look like an angel in that bottom picture! Wow, truly stunning. Is that from the photo shoot with the newspaper?

I was 9st 11lbs before and a size 10/12.
Now I want to be a size 10 so around 9st.

But I know in my heart and soul I want to be around the 8stone mark and a size 8. I'm 5'5" and have never been skinny.

I'd love for someone to call me that!

I'll see how I am at 9stone but I'm probably going to continue to 8stone if I can.

Really great to read everyones posts.. thanks for your honesty ((hugs))

Izmirka it's lovely to hear from someone that has 'got there' and adjusted things. :) it's obvious that you are very happy and should be! You look amazing :)

Now if I look anywhere as nice I'll be chuffed. :)

Back