How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said I can't type out the books, but I can copy what's on the public (non member only) part of the SW site, and share the link ;)

Why include one third of a plate of Superfree Foods? Is it mandatory?

Superfree Foods are those foods that are really low in energy density (calories per gram), extra satisfying and extra healthy, which help to optimise weight loss.
We'd never insist you eat in a way that might not suit you. However, we encourage you to include a third of a plate of Superfree Food at mealtimes – where it makes sense – ensuring that your weight loss stays fast, effective and very motivating.
There is no need to add Superfree Food to Healthy Extra meals, because there’s already a control built in. Beans on toast? The toast is either a Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice or Syns. You don’t have to add Brussels sprouts or cabbage or lettuce or cucumber etc – unless of course you want to.
Spag bol? This is a Free Food meal, so if you want to serve a smaller portion and make room on your plate for a nice crisp salad or fresh veg, that’s great, but it’s not a requirement, it’s a choice.[/FONT]
Source: Slimming World | Why include one third of a plate of Supe...

What are Free Foods?
At Slimming World we recognise that to lose weight healthily and comfortably, and to sustain that weight loss, slimmers need and want to eat lots of 'real' food, not diet food! With Food Optimising your appetite becomes your limit – rather than the number of points/calories you're 'allowed' with other, restrictive plans.
What makes Food Optimising so fast, effective and enjoyable is the master stroke of genius known as Free Food. Free Food is food that is low in energy density and high in appetite satisfaction, or to put it a different way low in calories, but very filling.
Food Optimising gives you an incredible choice of hundreds of Free Foods - this list contains a massive variety of delicious, satisfying foods that you can eat as much of as you like. There's no measuring, weighing or counting - you need never be hungry or feel guilty about eating again! And when you're free from the fear of hunger and guilt, the urge to overeat will disappear.
Source:Slimming World | What are Free Foods?

What are Superfree Foods?
Superfree Foods are super-satisfying for the appetite and very, very low in calories (or energy density). Fill one third of your plate with Superfree Foods and make them your first choice between meals.
You’ll naturally limit your energy intake without counting a single calorie, and you’ll be enjoying a really healthy diet, making your weight loss success extra easy!
Source:Slimming World | What are Superfree Foods?

There's more info at Slimming World | Portal I hope that helps more than I can.

As I said I can't type out the books, but I can copy what's on the public (non member only) part of the SW site, and share the link ;)

Why include one third of a plate of Superfree Foods? Is it mandatory?

Superfree Foods are those foods that are really low in energy density (calories per gram), extra satisfying and extra healthy, which help to optimise weight loss.
We'd never insist you eat in a way that might not suit you. However, we encourage you to include a third of a plate of Superfree Food at mealtimes – where it makes sense – ensuring that your weight loss stays fast, effective and very motivating.
There is no need to add Superfree Food to Healthy Extra meals, because there’s already a control built in. Beans on toast? The toast is either a Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice or Syns. You don’t have to add Brussels sprouts or cabbage or lettuce or cucumber etc – unless of course you want to.
Spag bol? This is a Free Food meal, so if you want to serve a smaller portion and make room on your plate for a nice crisp salad or fresh veg, that’s great, but it’s not a requirement, it’s a choice.[/FONT]
Source: Slimming World | Why include one third of a plate of Supe...

What are Free Foods?
At Slimming World we recognise that to lose weight healthily and comfortably, and to sustain that weight loss, slimmers need and want to eat lots of 'real' food, not diet food! With Food Optimising your appetite becomes your limit – rather than the number of points/calories you're 'allowed' with other, restrictive plans.
What makes Food Optimising so fast, effective and enjoyable is the master stroke of genius known as Free Food. Free Food is food that is low in energy density and high in appetite satisfaction, or to put it a different way low in calories, but very filling.
Food Optimising gives you an incredible choice of hundreds of Free Foods - this list contains a massive variety of delicious, satisfying foods that you can eat as much of as you like. There's no measuring, weighing or counting - you need never be hungry or feel guilty about eating again! And when you're free from the fear of hunger and guilt, the urge to overeat will disappear.
Source: Slimming World | What are Free Foods?

What are Superfree Foods?
Superfree Foods are super-satisfying for the appetite and very, very low in calories (or energy density). Fill one third of your plate with Superfree Foods and make them your first choice between meals.
You’ll naturally limit your energy intake without counting a single calorie, and you’ll be enjoying a really healthy diet, making your weight loss success extra easy!
Source: Slimming World | What are Superfree Foods?

There's more info at Slimming World | Portal I hope that helps more than I can.

Thats great and very helpful thanks Squiddie. Well my friend is lending me her Slimming World book so I'm hoping that the Extra Easy plan will be in there. I just can't remember when she did slimming world so fingers crossed. If not I will just get the books off ebay because I don't want to get anyone into trouble.

Thats great and very helpful thanks Squiddie. Well my friend is lending me her Slimming World book so I'm hoping that the Extra Easy plan will be in there. I just can't remember when she did slimming world so fingers crossed. If not I will just get the books off ebay because I don't want to get anyone into trouble.
Thank you for understanding chug. I just happen to be super sensitive to this rule as I made the mistake of writing out all the Healthy B's on here a few years back and getting told off! I can explain how the plan works and what to do with the different foods in their different groups, I just can't tell you what the foods are! It does sound for the most part like you've got it though, let us know what year your friends book is when you get it and we can advise you from there.
Again, sorry not to be more help.
Natt

Squiddie you are the most helpful person on here!

Thanks Natt (Squiddie) you have been very helpful to me and I wouldn't like to get you or anyone else in trouble and I certainly wouldn't want to get you told off.

I have my friends book and all it has is about the green and red day plan with the healthy extras unfortunately it doesn't say anything about the EE plan which I was afraid of. Anyway I think I have the idea how the EE plan works and I think I can use this book to help me with it I just need to look around to find out what people I having as superfree foods so I can create myself a list. If it don't work then I will just try the original plan red and green days my only problem is I don't eat vegetables unless I have gravy over them lol.

Hi Natt (Squiddie)

Just wanted to let you know I'm all sorted now a bit of a story but I have the EE book on its way I will be getting it tomorrow. I'm so excited now yyyyyyaaaaayyyyyy.

I know I keep saying it but thanks again for your help.

Hi thanks for the advice but the As and the bs how much in gram oz ml ?

I maybe wrong but on my lists they say next to the items how many grams for example for the cheddar it says 28g and for skimmed milk it says 350ml.

Hope this helps and I hope anyone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi thanks for the advice but the As and the bs how much in gram oz ml ?
I maybe wrong but on my lists they say next to the items how many grams for example for the cheddar it says 28g and for skimmed milk it says 350ml.

Hope this helps and I hope anyone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes - it varies depending on what you have, obviously milk (an healthy extra A choice) is in millilitre, but again will vary depending what kind you have.

This has been a really helpful thread for a newbie , thanks Squiddie!

My advice to anyone new doing slimming world is always stay for image therapy and any scales you have in the house throw them away

Hiya, newbie here!!
this is such a helpful thread although I'm slightly panicked as I feel so full!
So having a massive jacket spud with beans (I'm just not a salad lover) and then having a dinner too.....can I really loose weight?
Only joined on Tuesday so havent had a first weigh in....but really struggling with eating all this Free Food/Superfree and then syns....really?
HELP......need your opinion.
Thanks so much x

Hi poshpaddy71

sounds like you are doing great and yes, you can eat all that and loose weight :)

i remember being really sceptical that I could loose weight when I first joined SW. I could not get me head round it. I actually thought to myself ' well ok, you say I can eat eggs, chicken, beans, potatoes, ham, fruits, veg etc etc as much as I want?? Really?? Fine, I will then, lots of it too and I'll prove this plan can't work' haha still chuckle about it now. I lost 7lb that week!
There is an interesting article in another thread which going into how and why SW WORKS.

Hope per you have a great first week :)

xx

Hi poshpaddy71

sounds like you are doing great and yes, you can eat all that and loose weight :)

i remember being really sceptical that I could loose weight when I first joined SW. I could not get me head round it. I actually thought to myself ' well ok, you say I can eat eggs, chicken, beans, potatoes, ham, fruits, veg etc etc as much as I want?? Really?? Fine, I will then, lots of it too and I'll prove this plan can't work' haha still chuckle about it now. I lost 7lb that week!
There is an interesting article in another thread which going into how and why SW WORKS.

Hope per you have a great first week :)

xx

Thanks so much Loppyleanne.....think I'm feeling exactly the same as you did the first week! Still sceptical but the proof will be in weigh in on Tuesday!
Xx

Thanks so much Loppyleanne.....think I'm feeling exactly the same as you did the first week! Still sceptical but the proof will be in weigh in on Tuesday!
Xx

Poshpaddy. Good luck with your journey. Keep a note of what you are eating so you can look back on it later. Wondering if you are going to do a food diary on here? xx

Poshpaddy. Good luck with your journey. Keep a note of what you are eating so you can look back on it later. Wondering if you are going to do a food diary on here? xx

No I'm not.....is it in a particular thread or do you mean doing my own? I think I need to figure out how to make mine as colourful as some of the threads I've seen. I also need to figure out how to up load pics as will still be paranoid that I'm eating too much....at least then if I take pics and people give the ok I will be feel a bit easier xx

Thanks, just joined a group last night and it was a lot to take in so this was really helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back