How to Combat Evening Snacking?

kmissj

The worst time of day for my lack of willpower is the evenings when my daughter is gone to bed. I'm finding it a very hard habit to break. I will be good all day use up my 30pp, but then will find myself dipping into my weeklies. I know they are there to be used but would prefer to be using them for a really special meal once a week.

Just wondering if any of you have any tips or have found ways to get out of this habit?

What are the sort of treats you are craving in the evening hon, a drink, crisps , chocolate....all of them ? And to be honest 49 points is quite a bit for one "nice" meal cos don't forget that day includes your dailies too.....

Its sweet things and carbs i'm craving in the evenings. Probably like a smoker craving a cigarette at a certain time of day more than other. Just a habit I have to break. Its like daughter in bed, bit of cleaning done then sit down to relax and i'm just thinking, right what can i eat now? I'm not drinking as much water as I should either so thats probably a factor. i'm going to try this evening to put a jug of water with ice and slice of lemon or lime out see if that will work. Fri nights i usually enjoy a glass or two of wine but want to stay off alcohol for january after the festive indulgences! So hopefully this will help.

i am the same i can be good all day but evenings i can wreck it all
i am going to try and save points to have an alpen light and get nice fruit or a hot chocolate feels a nice treat
also like u i am going to drink less as that weakens my resolve
i may do some exercise to liven up the evenings
s4s

Curly wurlies 3pp asda/tesco own smart price type thing caramel wafer bars 2pp and only about 50p for 5
Jaffa are low too

I drink a lot of water in the evening. If you are sat down you can mistake thirst signals for hunger,hence no amount of snacking will cure it. Also, evenings are a major time for boredom eating.
If you feel the craving paint your nails then you can't do anything until they are dry so it gives you time to think about what you should have rather than what you want to have

I don't snack at all and it was a HARD habit to break. If I ever get tempted I just tell myself that I'll wait 30 mins (or whatever). Then when that time is up I tell myself I'll wait another 30 mins, etc. Or if it's really bad, go to bed - LOL!

I don't snack at all and it was a HARD habit to break. If I ever get tempted I just tell myself that I'll wait 30 mins (or whatever). Then when that time is up I tell myself I'll wait another 30 mins, etc. Or if it's really bad, go to bed - LOL!

That's what I do. I keep my WI in mind and try and focus on that instead of the snacks x

Back