How to cope with the downers

candyloss

Hi all again, Im on day 9 of my journey with lipo, actually thought it was day 10, then changed my mind again and realised it is day 9. Thats how loopy Ive got trying to keep to this and it is well worth it I know that. However, I need this site coz I do get very down coz food was always my emotional cushion. Now that I havent got it, Im facing up to all these feelings, perhaps for the first time ever and Im wondering if any of you have ideas on how to deal with them so that Ill keep on track. Although Im pretty determined, Im afraid at some stage Ill give in to my emotions and just eat. Has anyone any advice on how to change these habits of a lifetime and how not to let my emotions get the better of me? Im going to take my last lipo shake of the day now and just head to bed so I can get on to Day 10 and hopefully somebody will have inspiration that will keep me going. I'm looking forward to any replies and would greatly appreciate it. This site is my lifeline and the only reason Ive passed week 1. Cheers people, great to know theres people out there going through this journey too. Makes me feel less alone. Bye for now to all the great lipotrimmers. We'll beat this weight issue, which I for one have battled with all my life.:wave_cry:

Hi there

I'm so with you on the emotional battle and only on Day 6. I am doing the classic 'look in the mirror' thing realising I dont like what I see but I so determined that this isnt who I am. Overweight isnt who you are either. You have done really fantastically already and many have fallen by the wayside just a day or so in. Remember you started on this to make a positive change because you know that you have it within you to do so. Have you done a weigh-in yet? This should really help focus. I have started reading a book and every time I feel like I might make a trip to the kitchen cupboard, I pick the book back up instead! Have my first weigh-in tomorrow so who knows how I may be feeling this time tomorrow.

Good luck and hang tough x

Hi Candyloss,

I know what you are going through im on Day 12 today and it's an emotional rollercoaster just sticking to this let alone dealing with all the emotional problems that were there before!! All i would say is that long term hopefully this will break the comfort eating habit as when you cant rely on that anymore you are kind of forced to face the deep issues associated with it. Though short term it just feels like everything is getting on top of you. I just take one day at a time and try and keep busy, like Hollie said you have done so well getting to Day 10 dont let all those old demons get to you, just try and remain focused on what you are doing and why you are doing it. Also think of how amazing you will feel when you have got to where you want to be. I know its so easy saying it and very hard to do it, but you honestly are doing fab!! xx

Hey,

Sorry to hear that ye are struggling. I am getting ready for my third weigh in tomorrow and believe me when I say I was in the same boat for the first 12 days. I kept on coming onto this site to read other peoples stories to keep myself motivated.

Other people told me that it gets easier but I couldn't see how or even imagine it being that way but please take my word on it that it does. At the start I took my shakes at 1pm 5.30pm and 9.30pm as I found that I miss food most in the evening. Now I am so comfortable with TFR I can take them earler. I still get bad days...mostly at the weekend as I am around food then so I just take them at the later hours again when I am most vulnerable.My pharmacist says that it does not matter that much when you take them once you space them by around 4 hours.

I also just address each days shakes and will only think as far ahead as my next weigh in. I found that if I thought about doing this for 7 or 8 weeks it all became too big and I felt my resolve weaken.

And I am sure you have heard this a hundred times or more but make water your best friend. I mainly drink sparkling water through a straw for 2 reasons 1 is that it protects your teeth from all the bubbles and 2 it is easier to drink more water that way I find.

Sorry if this is long winded but I just thought that I would share my experiances.
Best of luck and keep coming online if you feel down in the dumps!

Hi sci fi,

I too drink loads of sparkling water, find it much more palatable. why do your teeth need protecting? am i missing something? sorry if its a blonde question:eek:

Hi sci fi,

I too drink loads of sparkling water, find it much more palatable. why do your teeth need protecting? am i missing something? sorry if its a blonde question:eek:

Not a dumb question at all. My friend is a dentist and he told me when he saw that I was drinking a lot of sparkling water that the bubbles and fizziness in the sparkling water can be damaging to your teeth it wears the enamle down. He suggeated drinking through a straw to try and bypass them or at least to reduce the impact.
I had no idea myself untill he told me!

Hi to all who answered my post. Thanks so much, great advice and encouragement. Im on Day 10, stll going strong and I think today was a bit easier in that my form is better but I just have to keep telling myself why I haveto see this through. All your comments and advice are a boost and I know this will be so worth it. I lost ten pounds my first weigh in but I didnt get too excited about it coz I was on lipo before and for me, it was the second week I caved so its this week thats momentous for me and if I stick this week out, I think I'll gain more confience to see it through. I deffo dont feel as bad as yesterday, but Im willing to accept the highs and lows now if I want to see this through. Thanks again for the support, without it I wouldnt have made it this far. Good luck to all of you on this journey, great people here and I want us all to succeed and achieve our dream which is becoming a reality of being slim and fabulous, (Note: we're fabulous anyways but losing weight will make us feel and believe it).

Try and forget about your past attempts as that can bring into thinking negatively and you may self sabotage sticking to it this time.

Think of it as a new start, and try and stay positive as much as you can, as it is a hard battle. Well done on getting through week 1, stay strong and I am sure you will do it.:)

Hi Lipotrimtobethin,

The first few days were definitely the toughest and to get to Day 4 is a great achievement. I still find it tough some days but the first few days were by far the worst. I find that the going gets tough for me if I dont get enough sleep and if Im tired. I think 8 hours sleep at least on this is essential. I felt great yesterday but didnt get to sleep till one o clock in the morning because of a social commitment where I managed to stay away from drink or food. However, today was pure hell. After getting in from work and up to few minutes ago, I wanted to eat the whole house and get a craving for chicken. If a hen had walked by, I honestly would have ate it. But my MoM talked me out of eating so I came up here to chat to you great folk, it keeps me going. Anyways, my point is (i apoligise for rambling), get your sleep, resolve weakens without sleep. I know Ill be fine tomorrow coz Im headin to bed early tonight and Ive second weigh in tomorrow. But ive learned my lesson i.e. get enough sleep. It does make a difference. Keep going girl, youre past the 3-4 day hurdle, Im not saying it becomes very easy after these days but once you drink water, loads and get your sleep, youll be fine. Keep going, a few weeks of hardship is worth getting rid of a lifetime of misery with weight. Think of the slim, confident you who will look fab in your summer dresses. Good luck with weigh inxx

Hi Lipotrimtobethin

Yes, it does get easier. I'm at the end of Wk 3, and for the first 10 days I was sure each day would be the last and I would fold.
Now I look forward to my Lipo meals, enjoy the weigh-in days and thank my luck stars I found the forum. So many people are sticking with the diet for months at a time, and losing so much weight, I just know it can really be done.
Stick it out...it really does get better...and soon.

Hi Lipotrimtobethin,

The first few days were definitely the toughest and to get to Day 4 is a great achievement. I still find it tough some days but the first few days were by far the worst. I find that the going gets tough for me if I dont get enough sleep and if Im tired. I think 8 hours sleep at least on this is essential. I felt great yesterday but didnt get to sleep till one o clock in the morning because of a social commitment where I managed to stay away from drink or food. However, today was pure hell. After getting in from work and up to few minutes ago, I wanted to eat the whole house and get a craving for chicken. If a hen had walked by, I honestly would have ate it. But my MoM talked me out of eating so I came up here to chat to you great folk, it keeps me going. Anyways, my point is (i apoligise for rambling), get your sleep, resolve weakens without sleep. I know Ill be fine tomorrow coz Im headin to bed early tonight and Ive second weigh in tomorrow. But ive learned my lesson i.e. get enough sleep. It does make a difference. Keep going girl, youre past the 3-4 day hurdle, Im not saying it becomes very easy after these days but once you drink water, loads and get your sleep, youll be fine. Keep going, a few weeks of hardship is worth getting rid of a lifetime of misery with weight. Think of the slim, confident you who will look fab in your summer dresses. Good luck with weigh inxx

HI Guys, I totally agree with you about the sleep thing, Im on week 5 and find that I sometimes need a little siesta in the afternoon, I actually stop and think about how im feeling now instead of reaching automatically for the biscuit tin, I think when your overweight you tend to use food to substitute other things like feeling tired, thirsty or fed up, I've lost just over 2 stones in 5 weeks and am feeling much better about myself, so I think its worth sticking with, good luck everyone.

I hope things are getting easier for you. I have been on lipo for 32 days now. When it seem like my goal is too far in the distance I take it a day at a time. I also remind myself that for 3-4 months of focussing is nothing compared to the rest of my life feeling 'normal'. I have my final date in my head (31st of October) and just do a day at a time to get there. When I reach that date I will look at my weight and decide if to go any further. To motivate my kids at school we tell them to make a 1% difference may not seem like very much, but by making lots of 1% differences can all add up to success. This is such a short period of time compared to the rest of your life feeling great. Go for it :)

How about going for a walk of an evening. This will not only help you to burn off calories and melt away more fat but it will also kill time and as exercise is a natural endorphine, it will also up your mood so you feel better and happier and also the buzz from the achievement of taking a walk will also make you feel soooo much better. I have an iPhone so I use an App which maps my walk so I use that to tell me how far and how fast I have walked, it also tells me how many calories I've burned (which I know won't be 100% accurate but it's great to see regardless). You will be able to get a similar app on any smartphone if you don't have an iPhone.

Good luck and here's to you getting past Week 2 and your demons!!

Back