How to do SW with a skinny OH ?

solange

Silver Member
Anyone have a problem like me? I have trouble keeping my OH's weight UP to 9 stone! I also have a daughter who drops weight alarmingly. We are all veggies with fish.
It really is hard so any hints, tips will be greatly appreciated!! :rolleyes:

I have this problem. My husband can eat for England and probably lose weight. I try and make sure I don't portion match. So I give him probably a third more on his plate than I have. My plate is always identifiable as the one with more veg than his but less carbs and probably less protein.

I find it harder because if he wants a takeaway he can have it without even thinking so I often feel bad putting the kibosh on it all the time.

Thanks for that LTL , glad I'm not alone! I keep snack for him like nuts (which I love) amongst other things. Trouble is my dinner dishes are high calorie so I have to eat tiny amount and give him, say a baked potato with butter (which I would also love). I've been on another plateau for 4 weigh ins. I have even considered meal replacements but I don't know if it would be for me.

That's a personal thing but could you not de-slimming world his food? So for example if my husband and I had sausage and mash (I know not appropriate as pescatarians) then I would do the mash with some skimmed milk, dish out mine and then add the butter to his?

Why do they work out so high kcal in the first instance, is there anything you could do to make your portion less so?

Good idea re the mash. He needs a lot of calories and I use olive oil and cheddar cheese a lot. Tonight is ok as it's salmon baked in the oven. I have bought salad so am going back to mixing up a big bowl for the day so I can stuff that down. Problem is I like my own cooking too much. Stress doesn't help much either.

Haha I could have written that. Stress really doesn't help does it?! Olive oil and cheddar is all fine but as long as you use the cheese as your hex and weigh it or make sure it's Synned. I was a bit gutted when they changed olive oil from a hex b to syn only i have to say!! This week I bought a pump oil sprayer to decant my local rapeseed oil into to use. Generally I allow 6 syns for oil where it's used but not everyday. We have an actifry so it most often gets used in there.

With family that don't need to diet it's always hard but we need to remember that it's not a diet as such and that by following the slimming world basics you are modelling a healthy eating regimen for your daughter (as well as your husband haha) which is always a good thing :)

I have the same problem- my OH needs to gain weight and we often joke that he should just take some of mine!
As you guys said, I make sure he has big portions and more toppings (cheese, ketchup, mayo, cream...), I also keep 2 versions of a lot of things in the house; Sugar and sweetener, normal cheese and low fat, full fat milk and almond milk, normal mayo and lighter-than-light, normal cola and diet cola, etc etc. We both have uni (seperately) in the day, so I often make him a lunchbox stuffed with nutty salads, eggs and pasta or rice, whereas I'll have leftovers from my dinner.
We do have a fun system though! Every time I really crave something but can't have it (let's say a Mars bar), I'll make him eat it "for me" :D:D:D

Back