How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

Hey guys, thank you for your comments. I have been quiet, just trying to sort myself out a bit. I think some subconscious bullplop has been getting to me, add in all the changes and it isn't surprising things haven't gone well.

I didn't manage to get to group as nate was being so bloody awful I couldn't face leaving the house with him. Thankfully he turned it around that afternoon. I did get a lovely text from my C which was completely unexpected, because she knows I've been struggling and it isn't like me to miss group. She also told me I've been nominated for woman of the year. I wouldn't qualify beyond group still though. Hopefully next year!!!

I'm on day 3 of 100% I'm going out tomorrow, so one meal will be off, but it is a meal I've had before which has never hindered my losses. So I need to remember that and not dive head first into the chocolate aisle! We are off into exeter and I've got a list of craft stuff to buy and a birthday present for my niece. She will be 4 but I dunno what to get her! I might get her an outfit and some sparkley things.

I'm hoping I'm out of my blip and will be working my way back down the scales again.

Woman of the year is amazing!! Best of luck to you, even if it isn't past group, your leader clearly thought you were a worthy nomination :)

Hi Fran good to see you back hun ((hugs)) - keep your chin up girl just think how far you have come already, your still doing amazingly well. I hope you have a lovely time in Exeter, and fab news on the woman of the year vote x

Thanks amber, I was nominated last year too, I didn't win, but i got "miss slinky" in the November. The certificate is on my piano :)

Thank you texty, I'm getting back to 'me' again i think. I've listed what I want to buy and adjusted my meals that day to calorie count and stay in control. All the walking will help I'm sure :)

I'm not too fussed if I win woty award because I'm still not at Target. I need to find out if I were to win this year could I still go for it next year when I will qualify to go further. My group are sweeties though.

I started sw to be healthy long term for nate and to feel and be treated like a normal person. Now I am treated like I'm normal, that my weight isn't an issue or the elephant in the room (pardon the pun) it is hard to keep the momentum. Add in only having worked with disfunctional eating habits, skipping down from work, past a shop, the compulsion to go in and buy a "treat" is pretty high! Not to mention the stress off starting a new job, when I have been out of work for 2.5 years having had nate, as well as having just moved 5-6 weeks before why was I surprised I was in a binge sabotage rampage? I'm back to saving syns for the evening and that's helped a whole lot! Hoping to get some good progress going on.

You will do it hun you have grit and determination. You have inspired and motivated countless people not just at your class but here on minis too.

You will have a good WI on Weds I can feel it xx

Hi Fran, sorry to hear you have been struggling, although is sounds like you have thought it all through and got a brilliant plan of action in place already. Like Texty, I think you will surprise yourself with an amazing loss and this will help spur you on again.
Woman of the Year, that is really wonderful. Again, what a boost being nominated! Good luck with everything this week and please don't shut yourself away, we are all here for you and are struggling with similar issues. Xxxxx

Morning Fran. Firstly well done for being nominated for WOTY!

Anju and Texty are right, you have helped so many with their journey, me included you are made of strong stuff so please don't hibernate we are all here for you to drag you out of your chocolate mountain, dust you off and set you back on your feet. I know from experience that its easier said than done but we can't give in to our demons x

Aww thank you guys. Sometimes I just need to be a bit internal to get out of it sometimes. Feeling good. Been out and about since first thing this morning. Done loads of shopping (i know! I know!) Felt and looked really good and got some huge compliments in a clothes shop. Got a skirt (14, cavaletti) and a dress (12 Laurence vidal) the skirt is a little snug so I'm hoping it will push me on. They both had huge discounts too. Nate got new shoes, I got a birthday present for my niece, and cards for her and my brother's girlfriend, gardening gloves, more hangers, tomato plant food (i have 3 little ones now), nate got a toy ducky too, a couple of vest tops, and some other bits and bobs as well as loads of craft stuff to get started with making my Christmas decorations. I need to start early else i will never have enough time.

My feet are killing me! We got in for 10:30 and we got the train back at 16:30. Got home for 17:30 made beans on toast for us and we are watching the bedtime hour before little prince goes to bed. Then I will make the sauce for the lasagna for tomorrow, wash everything up and collapse in a heap on the sofa. Phew!

I would never go for a 6 hour walk in the countryside, send me shopping at I'm off!

Gotta love a bit of shopping lol and especially when you get compliments AND bargains whoop. Sounds like your going to be a busy bee I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow hun x

Thanks love, I am wiped out, so is my card! Lol. The skirt was supposed to be £155 and dress £135, I got them for £69 and £49 I've never seen caveletti in sale, and I've never fit in any before either! It's funny, it is a little boutique and I haven't been for months, but the girl recognised me and asked where nate was. It was lovely squishing my nieces. Alyssa's birthday present was £9.98 reduced from £25 too. Woop. Really want to get crafting but I'm so knackered I will ruin my supplies. I only got 5 hours of sleep last night.

Church is a bit stressful and annoying, but I only go every other week and it helps for everyone to meet me, this week I've got my September wedding couple coming in as it is their last reading of their banns. So we'll get to meet and I can yay or nay stuff and know who I need to pass their details on to. I need to bring a utility bill in for my crb check too. One month on. Haha. And to pass on the keys for next Saturday's wedding. what a hoo haa. I wonder who I will be introduced to this week, last time it was "she's a single mum too" yeah... Good for her. They mean well.

Will do when I wear them. The dress I want to nip in at the waist a little bit more, the ladies agreed, I have a waist now, no way am I hiding it! I did put back a top that was £19 reduced from £79... I really liked it but i was spending enough! I saved £179 on the original prices though. And they were smaller than a 16. The skirt i got in Halifax for £27 mum saw in a shop down here at £55!

I'm looking forward to baking with nate again tomorrow. He loved it so much last week and it will be a good pud post awesome dinner. Sauce smells super, even if I say so myself ;)

Sounds like you have had a wonderful day shopping. Well deserved treats for you. When I lose some more weight I'm going shopping with you as you are super bargain hunter xxx

Haha, for sure Anju. I love shopping. it was great but tiring. Looks like the zoo trip treat for me, nate mum and dad now includes my brother, his daughter, her sister and their mum and his girlfriend and her niece. An almost 2.5 year old, a 2.5 year old, an almost 3 year old. A just turned for year old, my brother's ex and his current girlfriend. Great :/ it was supposed to be my treat to nate and my parents now I'm back at work, and I can't complain because it is alyssa's birthday, but she is having a party next week. It's going to be such a farce and so stressful now. I don't hijack my brother's organised days out. Especially not with 3 extra kids and an ex and current partner!

On the good side my old neighbour didn't recognise me today. As in a neighbour of my parents from where i only recently moved. Haha. I spoke to her after church and she looked confused, realised who I was eventually and exclaimed that she didn't recognise me. Lol. I mentioned wanting to throw a party when I hit Target and mum and dad are on board. Now I just need to lose the weight!

Found this on facebook and had to share with you all

Every single week
When weigh day comes around
I go through every trick I know
To lose an extra pound

First I fetch the kitchen scales
To weigh my pants and bra
I cannot chuck my old grey kecks
They’re my lightest pair by far

I pretend to survey my wardrobe
But really every dieter knows
That even if its freezing
You must wear summer clothes

I cant have a morning cuppa
A sip of water must do
If I had my usual mug of tea
I’d gain a pound or two

As for breakfast - not a chance!
That could cause a “stay the same”
I’m sure that if that happened
It’s the porridge that’s to blame

I visit the toilet for the umpteenth time
In the hope that my scan bran buns
Although they tasted disgusting
May have given me a touch of the runs
Now it may be too much information
But surely its every dieters woe
No matter how many times one sits on the loo
Ones body refuses to go!

After I arrive at group
I have one final try
Not a drop of anything can I produce
I honestly could cry

I join the others despondently
I’m worried about how I’ve done
I remove my socks and leggings
And my cardy that must weigh a ton

I take off my bracelet and necklace
My belt and watch and broach
Finally I wipe off my lipstick
And then I’m on final approach

The moment has come as it does every week
When I find if I’ve passed or I’ve failed
On I get with a big deep breath
But then I worry that I should have exhaled!

The weigh lady looks at the pda
And then she looks at me
A great big smile lights up her face
As she tells me I’ve lost three!

Of course I’m delighted with my week
But I do feel a tiny bit blue
I’m convinced that it would have been half a stone
If I could only have gone to the loo!!!

Last edited:
Lol. Love it. I have a weigh in dress, but I still wear tights with it, then change afterwards.

Today and tomorrow have changed slightly because I will be having leftover lasagna for lunch I won't have mac n cheese for tea! I've whipped a chicken breast out of the freezer and we will have diet coke chicken tonight.

Had a lovely lie in thanks to nate. I had to get up at 8am though to get ready for work. Had 2 scrambled eggs on heb of bread and a banana. Nate is just going for a nap (nana gave him lunch) and I will have my lasagna, salad, yogurt and work out this week's menu, factoring in Saturday is at the zoo, where they do jacket potatoes, yes, I checked it out.

I figure whatever the result on Wednesday I think I'm heading out of self-destruct-ville and that's a big leap forward.

Hi Fran. Good luck with WI today. Also you are nominated for Woman of the Year - is that today at group or next week? If it is today - Good luck with that, I hope you get it. Cant wait to hear how you get on.

Hey. I stayed the same, which is good because it included a wonky weekend and last week's ups and downs. I feel ready to lose again now I've understood what was happening. Told mum not to let me not have the jacket potato at the zoo too.

Also, I'm the only nominee. Apparently the group said they didn't want anyone else. So sweet. So I need before and after photos and we are having a little taster party too. So I need to get a nice loss next week!

Back