How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

Hi Fran I hope your feeling better today?

Mothers eh lol who would have em. I hope you get your moving date soon then you will be able to please yourself and only have the 2 of you to worry about for meals.

Thanks guys. I feel rotten complaining and mostly we are fine. She is having a tantrum about something or other now and I've had to ask her to turn the music down because you can hear it on the top floor. I need to make sure Nate goes down quickly so I can get the washing up done before she screams at dad which then becomes a personal attack on anyone near about every real and imagined failing in your entire life. It is a tad stressful. I know I can go to one of the 2 bed houses to measure up for carpets and curtains etc. But still dunno when everything will be ready.

On the plus side dinner was tasty. Quite mild too, so Nate had it for tea as well, and after refusing lunch he was quite hungry. He has had a telling off and been told no choc choc or anything until he starts finishing all his meals. Grandad has been told too. Nate calls him Gaga choc choc.....

The Malaysian red pepper chicken curry is still the favourite though.

Syns are now 24.5 for the week. And my appetite is back! Just got to do my mid week serial weigh even though I know it is silly and decide what to have this evening. Nate is all full of cold now too so we didn't head out today despite it being lovely out. I wish people would bugger off with their Damned germs.

I might finish off my embroidery tonight which is a bit exciting too :) I've really enjoyed it, more than I thought i would. Now what's the next project?!

Oh no, seems to go round in cycles colds and bugs don't they? People really need to stop sharing! Dinner sounds yummy, stil trying to get hold of a an Asia book so I can try some of these amazing sounding dishes.

What embroidery pattern are you doing? You are so clever with your crafts!
I love crafty things like that and today have discovered a programme about sewing and dressmaking which I love already! Was talking to mike earlier about getting a new hobby and although I've dabbled before I think dressmaking might be it. Would love to do a course and get a sewing machine, its quite an expensive outlay for the course and machine but hopefully would save in long run being able to make stuff.

Hope the house doesn't take too long x

Oh I recorded that but haven't watched it yet. The embroidery is just a little landscape scene called "church view". It has a wee frame with it and will go in the new house which has a similar view of a church and fields with sheep.

I adore crafts. I grew up with kits on paper making, mosaic, candle making, casting models, cross stitch etc. I had an old chest of drawers that became my craft chest and had all sorts in.

Re sewing machine, first step, ask any relatives if they have an old one they don't use anymore. Mum got me one from a charity shop which is pretty fab, it had never been used. It is tucked away above the garage so I can't get to it right now so can't do my patchwork quilt :( I fell asleep earlier so won't finish the embroidery tonight, probably tomorrow. Oh, and charity shops are great mines for dress patterns. Some are awful bit you can find some real gems. The advantage of living where there are a lot of old people and liking needle crafts is tht there are loads of supplies in the charity shops. Haha.

Your next project could be making your own curtains Fran :D My mam used to do a lot of her own bless her, she made curtains, quilt covers, valances, skirts, dresses, blouses, trouser suits, pillow cases, cushion covers, she was so clever

Ill try asking around, my mum thought she had one but can't find it. Also she thought my nan had one but when clearing her house after she died it was nowhere to be found. Seems my uncle had been getting rid of "junk" every time he visited for years as there was loads of stuff missing :( one thing that was there though was an embroidery nan had started and only finished about 3/4's of many years ago when she had an operation and was chair bound. I finished it for her which was a bit emotional but I really enjoyed the actual embroidery. Would love to do another.

The embroidery you are doing sounds so sweet! Bet that is handy, hadn't even thought of looking for patterns in charity shops!
I don't know many people our sort of age into stuff like that so its nice to know I'm not alone! Haha we can be crafty together.

did you decide to have any more syns? Good that you feel like eating again. I could eat the sofa I'm that hungry today

OMG Fran ive just been looking on Ebay and people are selling the Asia book for £16 99!!! are people mad for paying that

I just shoved some chocolate in (13 so total is 37.5, closer to what it should be at) I just don't want any :/ but I know really low syns does nothing.

That's so sweet you finished it scarlet. This is only little. I think charity shops are a bit hit and miss, ones near where there are a lot of older people are good for them. My kit didnt come with enough thread so I got a bunch of colours at the charity shop :D I got an amazing 70s tea set about 8 years ago from a charity shop for £6! Before it was fashionable again. Haha.

Texty, I don't have the measurements yet, or my sewing machine, BUT I'm getting temporary good quality ones from the old house, including a blackout blind for Nate's room, then when they sell this place I'm getting some of these curtains, really expensive and lush, heavy lined. The ones I will be putting in the lounge are blue and edged in brown leather. I'd never afford these, even sewing them up myself, so it is very exciting. I've got French Windows from the lounge on to the balcony and my current bedroom curtains are for French Windows onto a balcony so they should fit.

I think my next project is either planning interior for the new house, although I can paint it for a while because it is a new build. Or just doing some silly designs for clothes for young boys. Just to play around.

Texty, you should see the prices on eBay for hifi bars. It is mad.

okie dokie had a full flabbers this morning. so 38.5 syns for the week now for the sausage-y yumness. mmm sausages. Stupid scales won't move though *growls* I shall plod on regardless. sunday lunch is pulled pork from the magazine. Quite excited for it. Mum wanted mash, I wanted spicy sweet potato wedges so somehow we've ended up with both. haha. Going to do some veg with it too and there's plenty left for lunches during the week I'm debating using a heb for either a wholemeal roll or a wholemeal pitta (found out the ww ones are a heb!!!) with it. It'll help use up syns because i'm not really bothered with them this week and i'm just shoving something in to use them.

I bought a pork shoulder last week ready to do the pulled pork may do that this week yum yum with the smoky sauce.

I can well believe it Fran people pay stupid prices for stuff its mental

It was Yum. We just used a leg because it is on offer at co op. We had it with mash, green beans and sweet potato wedges. Didn't use any bread because of the potatoes. We have loads err over so I think I will he having some for supper.

The onions caught but you don't use them. Mum swears she used the same as it said in the recipe and the pork is Moi spicy. So we all loved it, you'll love it minks, but you'll want less heat texty. Or to just have the middle of the pork.

The sauce is great, smokey but not acrid.

Mum and I had an equator "beer" with lime. The lime cordial actually makes it taste more beery rather than watery.

I took some pictures!

ForumRunner_20130407_151939.png

Ta da. Nom.

ForumRunner_20130407_152003.png

Our pork post being dished out. I said to get a small one... Oh well I will have to eat the rest.

ForumRunner_20130407_152031.png

This is the Japanese pork curry.

I feel the need to say I don't use dinner plates, I use a smaller plate. And yes I'm hugely greedy.

Thanks for the heads up Fran it looks amazing and so does the curry - ill have to try both now I know they both have the thumbs up

To be honest the equator beers are a bit rubbish, but they're ok with lime in. Totally not beer though. I'd rather go for the becks blue for a few syns, but we had some of this left that needed using.

Yep, cow bibbits and a load of crap that got dumped on the table. I'm the only one that eats at the table (with nate in the highchair next to me) so when anyone tidies anything up it gets chucked on there. Pointing out it is less tidying and more redistribution doesn't go down well. Lol. Nate's bibbits are on there to stop him going into the cupboard. They're still sealed up because he is on a biscuit, chocolate, sweet etc ban because he's been arsing around with his dinner for a while now and I'm pretty much sick of it. So tonight he is going to bed hungry. He is most unimpressed. It is just power games as he will have some of it and then leave most of it asking for something else.

The picture of all the meat was after everyone's dinner had been dished out minks, so there is LOADS left. I'll probably have some in a roll with the sauce this evening with some salad and pickles.

Back