How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

Pictures are fab! You look amazing and nate is super cute! You should def go for a bright colour! I had black and pink hair when I met mike , I think he still feels short changed that I'm now blonde and not the brunette and pink haired girl he met lol! Word of warning for the pink though looks amazing when it's first done but by its nature it tends to fade to orange very quickly so needs regular touch ups. I was doing mine every 2 weeks and that wasn't even really enough! Blue is great though, even when it fades it should go a yucky colour! Xx

*shouldn't

Last edited:
Thanks ladies :) my hair is cut. My hairdresser made me laugh. She said she likes it now I'm all girly. When I said I'm not really girly I still lay floors and do diy and she goes "I mean now you are taling care of yourself" lol stop digging love. She said pink needs a lot of upkeep too and thinks a panel (not splodge as I called it) will look great and she thinks a honey blonde will look good and not need too much upkeep. :) booked in for Thursday. I won't be at work because mum needs a day off before having nate Friday-Monday. So I'm taking the 175 envelopes I have to stuff with 2 letters and leaflet in all of them and two different letters for different people to sort through which I can do at home. Along with updating the website. Excited to get my splodge finally. Ive wanted it for months but been a bit scared.

Nate was charming everyone this afternoon. Bloody child thinks he is famous. He was quite good this afternoon actually. To make up for this morning! Terror

Hi guys. One is my dress in the same pattern as my jacket. One dress is the one I wore for woty and the 3rd is bright pink. No pictures though.

Hey jo how are you? I'm kind circling 14st 10lbs for a few months., which is kinda understandable with everything that's gone on. I've had a good week so far. I'm wanting to have more syns but I've used all mine up. Hmmm.. annoying

I'm ok thanks Hun glad to be back. Sometimes life takes over and we have to keep as in track as we can getting back to it when we can which I'm sure u don't need me to tell u.

The hair sounds amazing wish I was braver with dying my hair I always feel too old tho. I tried to go blonde not so long ago and ended up looking like a stripes orange tiger not such a good look!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I trust my hairdresser 100% her boss, Polly, trained her up and she worked as a hairdresser at Harrods for 15 years. So absolutely amazing. To get that for just over £20 super. She knows colours and is quite keen on blonding me. Lol. Polly scares me a bit but mum prefers Polly. She's putting my colour in on Thursday :D

Jo, just go for it. Hair grows back. I only put new colour in when I have grown my old colour out. I cant put one. She In top of the other else it'll go funny. The women round here have bright pink and purple hair and are in theur 60s 70s and even one fabulous woman in her 80s who I wanted to rob to be in my family. So there is no too old. I love living in a place where everyone just rocks whatever. One of the mum's has amazing pink hair is super nice. Us oldies are taking the fun colours off the teenagers for ourselves! I have been wanting to fo this for ages. I've even got some home dye ones I was too scared to use it.

You've persuaded me to text my hairdresser in the morning. Not doing anything as adventurous as you though - easy to manage is what I need at the moment. I eventually want to go back to blonde though but it needs done every couple of weeks and I don't think I'll have time for that at the moment!

There's nothing quite like going and being properly indulged at the hairdressers! I need to get booked in for when I come back from holiday. I was tempted to just rock the (hopefully) sunkissed holiday look but then I remembered how hopelessly grey I'm going already. I'm just going to have to get my hairdresser to recreate said beachy look, minus the grey hairs!

I hope there'll be pics on Thursday! I can't wait to see your new look. Any decisions on the dress for the wedding?

Yeah I will put up pictures. I'm so excited. I've just embraced my grey hairs. I've got some super patches but they are that nice white grey.... it is totally natural highlights. Ooh, hope your hairdresser can replicate it for you. I just like to change things around so having a panel in gives me a little section to play with.

Clare, have a good time. Sometimes it is just nice having someone play with your hair. Amy just goes on about what good condition it is in. She didn't believe that I straighten it every day.

Still not sure what I will wear. It said it'll be 20*c and sunny but looking outside now I can't see it.

Can't wait to see photos Fran. I am thinking of changing the colour of my hair, but am out of ideas, so I the tested to see what your "panel" looks like xx

I am dark brown and keep dying mine red (like Riahanna) only thing is I can't be bothered with getting it bleached and dyed every 6 weeks. Thinking of going warm brown with caramel highlight.

Ooh sounds nice. I thought you had dark hair in your woty picture. I have stupid skin colour I'm pale with yellow undertones and quite a bit of pink too. I like red hair but in past experiences I remember it really brings out any blemishes and my pinkiness. I'm the wrong kind of pale to pull off a really cool red.

I wanted my hair dyed last year but I needed to grow out all of my old dye first because otherwise my hair would have been ruined. Mine is really fine and soft so stripping it and putting a dye on top wasn't a possibility. Amy said she wouldn't do it. This year it is pretty much all out so she's happy to dye it and it is in really good condition now and a lot thicker than it was. It is still quite fine and really soft but if she had to strip it I don't think she is scared I'd go bald now! But she doesn't need to anyway.

That is my rambling way of saying sometimes we have to wait. I know nothing about hair really other than if you find a good hairdresser cling to her and always ask before you get your heart set on something. I wanted to try short hair a few months back and it was basically a no, we can go a little shorter but we can't go short, it won't suit you. We went a little shorter and I wanted it my normal length again. I'd have looked like a male bouncer if I went short. It won't grow long (stupid hair) that's why it went thinner I think. A lot of styles my hair is too thin or soft to do. So I'm left with putting some colour in.

Took nate to toddlers today and he was so cute. When we left he held another little girl's hand. She is about 2 weeks younger than him and it was adorable. Turned out the form I filled 2 years ago never got passed to the manager. She just so happens to be involved with junior church. Nate just so happens to be invited along even though he is too young so I'm to stay with him and we get talking. She checked her records today and he wasn't on so she has added him and he will probably go Mondays and Wednesdays when he is old enough. And because his birthday might be at half term he can squeeze in the couple of weeks before half term if I am happy for him to go when he is technically too young. He doesn't get the free hours until after 3 years but I get help because it is just me anyway.

Got to love the random networking through work. I did joke with the school if they didn't let him in they'd find themselves without a church. Ha.

Thanks Fran. I am at the salon tomorrow so might book in for a colour and get advise on a cut. I want to really, really short with my hair - but will definitely get advise first! Lol at the thought of having a bouncer haircut!

Yup, I wanted short hair for a change but so glad I can trust her 100% to say no for what would look crap. She is pretty keen on me trying blonde but agrees with me I can't be doing with highlight upkeep. It's nice to afford my hair to be dyed at the hairdressers :) mum has short hair and it suits her. Mid and long don't though. Dark and red look sucky on her too. It is funny, we look so similar but completely different colouring and she can only have short hair and I can only go mid length.

Hey lovely! Totally messed up with my days of the week at the moment - I hope WI went well.

I would love to go blonde but I think I'm similar to you with being pale with yellow undertones and red bits. I saw a girl with (well, I wishfully thought at the time) similar colouring to me with proper icy cool ashy-platinum blonde hair which I loved! I mentioned it to my OH and he looked at me with sheer panic while lovingly telling me to do whatever I wanted to do. I think it might be a step too far... I also like the bronde look - I'm really hoping I'll get a bit of colour on me on holiday and be able to push it a bit further.

OH found a photo of me when he first cooked me dinner years ago and I had long hair. I had my hair in an inverted bob but started growing it out with engagement on the horizon so I could have it long and up for the wedding. Now I've seen the photo of me with long hair I don't like it! Wondering whether to go short again or stick with it until May 2015 and have it all chopped off again for honeymoon like my friend did. Decisions decisions. I'll try to get some pics up tonight.

I'm loving the random networking - it is definitely who you know! Nate just keeps being adorably cute. Is this a cunning ploy to get one of us to take him off your hands? :D He sounds utterly squishable!

If you dont like it long don't grow it just to cut it. 2 years in a style you don't like? Plus I'm sure trying to grow my hair long is what made it go thinner. My hair just couldnt cope with it. How sweet is your fella?!? Bless him. Ask your hairdresser next time you are there. It's like if I have a plumbing question I'd ask a plumber. It is their trade so they know way more than I do. I saw mine in a shop today and we were all having a gossip. She is so funny. She is starting driving lessons next month and if the woman is good I'm going to learn to drive finally. My mum says if I do I can have the rav4, which they offered to me years ago BUT she also said they will cover my first year's insurance which was putting me off before AND she will help me practice, which they both point blank refused when I asked in the past. So good news. Woop.

Well with the hoo haa of the wonky scales that haven't been weighing properly for the past couple of weeks our c had some news scales in this week. So I am up 1.5lbs. The collective gain was nearly 40lbs which is hilarious. But we all agreed a line is drawn, this is our new starting point and it is our true weight. WELL one target member, who hadn't weighed while the scales were going wrong, was NOT happy she gained 1.5lbs in the 3 weeks since she last weighed and was blaming the scales and going off on one. Hats off to my c she handled it really well. A lady in front of me said it was like Jeremy Kyle which just cracked me up and 3 of us couldn't stop laughing. When we did one would start again and set the others off. I was crying with laughter and from trying to be quiet. It was utter madness. Mum came out with how she needed to see a psychologist which was just more amusement. I said to the women near me that this was why I couldn't be a c. I'd get annoyed tell her to bleep off and I'd just be sat in a room on my own eating hifi bars. This caused more giggles from my side while this target woman, who was still in target and had gone out etc in these past 3 weeks raged on. I had to leave before the end to pick Nate up.

So that was eventful! This morning nate broke a saucer and chipped a cup that were on display in the kitchen so I don't think you want him!

Tonight I'm stuffing my envelopes. In the morning I'm taking most of Nate's stuff round to mum's then getting my hair done in the afternoon then packing in the evening. My train leaves at 9am on Friday. I'm excited and nervous. I'm only ever away from Nate for 4 hours at a time and we have never spent a night apart. I know he will be ok and he is still seeing the child minder on Friday afternoon which he loves but it'll be strange. Today he was following her cat round with some cat biscuits he got off the floor and he pet the cat a lot. He adores animals. She was surprised how gentle he was and I explained he was taught no heads, tails or paws and to be gentle. She then realised why he only pet the cat on the back. Ha. He was charming everyone else after the breakage this morning. I was so annoyed I didn't even tell him off and he went and put himself on the naughty seat.

All packed up. I'm going in my dress that is like my jacket and bringing my woty dress too. The woty dress doesn't help my giant ass issue but it depends how I feel on the day.

It's been made clear my grandma couldn't give a damn if I went to see her so now it is a day for me considering all the junk my friends said about wanting to see me when I come up turns out 2 are going to. So Sunday I'm having my first lie in in 2.5 years and I am going to go to the cinema on my own. I think I will just enjoy some time being out, by myself, not worrying about other people and being back in time to get Nate. I can't see him on Sunday whatever I do and balls to the lot of 'em saying they miss me, begging me to come back and then when I say I'm coming up it doesn't mean anything. Then my friend says she will come down here some time. Finds out it will be £110 and takes it back after the huge performance she made about me coming up not thinking it is costing over £200 and 2 days travel. Not to mention taxis, wedding gift etc. I'm happy to be there for her but I'm a bit pissed off after 8 years of this every time it has been me travelling. She has her own house and business and soon to be married, I'm a single mum. I'm not going to the wedding in March now, I doubt I will go to any others. I'm tired of being made to feel like crap for not going to all their things and for not being there the days they decide they want to see me. It's bullshit. I'd rather be doing my normal Friday to Monday routine now. My one free day up there is going to be MY day. Balls to them .

Good for you Fran. Go and enjoy your weekend. Have a great time. Indulge and treat yourself. Balls to the friends who can't be arsed! Look forward to hearing what you get up to. Have a good time xxx

Back