How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

Oh no anju! How annoying! I'm plodding on regardless although I was naughty an split my hea today. Adding 1syn of breadcrumbs to today makes 2.5 syns.

I'm amazed this house doesn't stink from our trumps! He loves sprouts and cauliflower... We've no hope!

How are you ladies?

I love sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli and cabbage. The family moan every time I eat them!

Ah we eat loads of them. Nate is fabulous with veg. Meat he can be a pain in the bum with but has suddenly gotten much better with. He said he was full part way through his pud today. So proud! and after I said he wasnt having a second biscuit he helped himself to a banana. Admittedly he won't eat the pointy ends of them, he just snaps them off and hands them to me. I think we had a pip incident at some point so now he just eats the middle. I am so pleased though. I know a lot of kids would kick off. He had half a pear with breakfast, a satsuma with lunch, that banana, cucumber with lunch, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower with dinner. Take that 5 a day! I really try to give him balance so he isn't hung up about food and I often ask if he is full up or hungry so he regulates himself. Not fed up of dinner give me lots of pudding full, but actually full. He loves jelly so it was a big surprise.

Hmm. I've just watched my baggy body. Which is something I have worried about before, but seeing people talk about it is different to reading an edited article with an agenda. I chose a healthy bmi range to be normal and healthy. But mental health is as important as physical health. I do not want to lose all this weight and hate the result and feel imprisoned by the past. I've had bad mental health in the past and I will take necessary steps to prevent going there again. I also won't have skin removal because of the awful care I had post c section, I don't want that either. Add in possible complications, I'm not risking leaving Nate alone. I know I felt good at 14 stone 4lbs, and would be happy losing more, so I do still have lots to lose, but I am going to balance out the weight and size with the skin condition so I am happy at a medium in a body I feel comfortable in. I won't ever have a perfect body or a "normal" or ideal body, but I won't develop negative feelings towards myself in trying to achieve this. If I have to remain overweight (I need to get down to overweight first!) to remain comfortable with my body and myself then that is OK and much preferable to being a healthy bmi and having my body. I may well get to have both, you never know!

Absolutely agree with you Fran. Want to get into the 10 stone zone because I don't ever remember being 10 stone. Know I was happy with my body at 12 stone. Just gonna try and decide when I get nearer.

Well I was 14 4lb last June so that felt good then, I've never weighed less as an adult. It's all new territory. I do confess my shop just came in and I snaffled a lemon alpen light. I've not seen them before. And Muller light have a new limited flavour. Raspberry chocolate. It is sitting in my fridge right now. Mum's invited us for tea tomorrow. Yum yum no cooking or washing up for me.

Anju, sounds like a plan :) did you see the programme?

I recorded the programme... Not quite sure when I'll get to watch it though.. It's such a shame that people still aren't happy after losing such huge amounts of weight.

Ooo I've not seen those mullerlights.. Must keep an eye out for them.

Yay to no washing up! :)

Haven't seen the programme yet. Might catch up later with it. I have upped the exercise/toning now as I think the skin will get looser the more I lose now.
Good luck for today WI. Fingers crossed for a good loss x

Haven't seen the programme yet. Might catch up later with it. I have upped the exercise/toning now as I think the skin will get looser the more I lose now.
Good luck for today WI. Fingers crossed for a good loss x

I read that as upped the exercise/ironing :D we could iron out the skin! X

Well done on your loss Fran. 1/2 stone will be yours next week. I'm hoping for mine next week too.

What a refreshingly honest post. I think it's important to feel happy with our bodies and protect our mental health and not feel we need to be a certain size/weight to be 'normal'.

thanks ladies. You will get it for sure Adele. Well at 21 stone any weight seems like the unknown. I think I'll probably be happy at 12 stone something, but we will see at 14 stone. I feel good for helping mum too. She reached for a bag of twirl bites,I'm sure just because they were £1 I pointed out the 9 syn multipacks. She agreed she would have eaten the whole bag. I didn't tell her off, I just lowered her hand and suggested to get the multi pack. She knows I'd never say no chocolate or whatever. She was pleased she didn't buy them when we left the shop. I got Nate an amazing duvet cover and cushion covers. At the moment he has pink ones or ones with flowers. It's so cool with pirates etc on it. Got to get it washed before he has it. I got a picnic blanket too, that is waterproof on one side and rolls into itself into a carry thing. Getting ready for summer picnics :)

Back