Total Solution how to make the soup edible???

Hi, I'm new on here and on my second day of total solution, so far so good except the soups!!! I've tried mushroom which I couldn't stomach and veg which wasn't too bad but was lumpy.
Any tips on getting them smooth and better tasting?
thanks

Hey, well done on getting through the first 2 days! They can be the hardest... especially when you don't like some of the packs!! Lol...

I don't bother with the soups as had them in the past and find I really do have much more of a sweet tooth really, so stick to the shakes. But I appreciate you probably have loads as bought a bumper pack, so here's a few tips which may help:

Firstly, I don't know how you are preparing them, but I find putting the powder in the bowl and then adding a small bit of boiling water best to start with. Use your soup spoon to blend it well, pushing it against the sides and bottom of the bowl firmly as you go, to really make it into a paste. If you measure the water out into a jug to start with, you can just keep adding it bit by bit to the bowl, doing this technique each time to properly mush it up and make it smooth. Then you can add the rest of the water, and give it a good stir to mix properly. Should sort the lumps out anyway.

You can also add herbs, spices, salt and pepper, and even a dash of tobasco if that's your 'thang'... ;) Certainly makes them more interesting, I think!

Other than that, just stick to the packs you CAN stomach for now, and as your tastes change (which they often do on these plans), you might find down the line that the mushroom and veg ones really are quite nice. :)

Good luck, and hope you find some you like!

xx

I found bringing it to the boil over the hob gets the lumps out -I then pass through a sieve into a bowl to be on the safe side!

Thank you will give those a try. I quite like the strawberry and choc shakes so far just hoping that lasts, but have seen some of the tips on here for the shakes so can give those a go if/when i get bored!!!

hoping that the rest of the week goes as well and then a HUGE weight loss will spur me on for next week :)

Ah, yeah... thank you! Can't quite believe that loss myself. Although, I had just got back from 2 weeks gorging myself in canada, so I think a good load of that wasn't really 'proper' weight yet, if you know what I mean! Lol... You're bound to get a great loss this week though, so don't you worry about that!! Exciting eh?!

Yup, I like the shakes the best, especially when made in the smoothie maker with a whole bunch of crushed ice pieces and a few extra tablet sweeteners to bring out the flavour as it's diluted a bit due to quantity of ice/water used!! It makes it more of a 'meal' I think, and comes out sort of like ice-cream, so takes a while to eat! :D

Plus you burn cals coz your body needs to warm it back up to body temp or something, to 'digest' it!! (not sure of the science bit! Lol) But still, bonus! ;)

xx

Pinkie!!! smooches girl, how are you, Im over on LL boards come catch up

j
xx
Hey sugar plum!!

Saw your posts on BL's thread actually, was gonna come find you! I'm all over all of the boards this time, although doing Exante. Very interesting to wander through some of the other plans, and see what's going on! Intriguing... ;)

Anyway, off to bed in a sec but catch up in a bit... nice to see you back here, although not nice, obviously, coz none of us wanna be back here, but equally, nice to see some familiar faces!! :)

Oh, and sorry to the OP for slight thread drift! ;)

Catch you soon J!

Pinks xx

Hi,

I use a small whisk!

Sexy xx

Back