How to manage stress?

becky_1701

I was on day 2 yesterday and was doing fine until it all kicked off with my. cousin (my mum is fostering him, shes on holiday so im having to take care of him. Hes 14) yesterday he skipped school so i had to deal with the school and social services, got so stressed that i binge ate on and off. How does everyone else handle stress? I am starting back tomorrkw, just made me feel deflated

Its so hard because we always turn to food to comfort us but I look at it as the enemy trying to trick me! I keep a picture of jennifer lopez on the fridge to remind myself that I want to get a body like that and I've written underneath it "don't do it Holly, you will only feel crap about it 5 minutes!" And it helps me to remember that food is not the option.
When I'm really stressed out I read, go for a long walk with the pooch or ring a friend and natter, anything to distract myself from having those negative thoughts in my head telling me that eating something will make me feel better, since starting exante TS, I've used this forum to help me focus on why I'm doing this, I write in my diary everyday and read inspirational stories that reminds me that this isn't impossible and I'm going to be a lot happier if I stick to it.
We are all here for support, start your own diary and rant about whatever you need to get off your chest, I find it puts things into perspective once its there in black and white.

Forget today and start fresh tomorrow without feeling guilty. We're only human after all.

Hol x

Becky that's awful! I hope things get easier, I don't cope well with stress either and am constantly battling with binge eating. Am on day 3 of the program and have a deal with my husband that if I go near the kitchen in the evening he is to stop me. I put my exante bar in the living room in the morning and then just completely avoid the kitchen in the evening - not sure how it's going to work at the weekends though!!!!!

Holly - love the J.Lo idea!!! I have articles about obesity on my fridge and as I would like to have children in the not to distant future I have an article about pregnancy and obesity that reminds me that it's not just me i'm losing for!!!!

Jlo does for me every time! She looks amazing so its a definite reminder than eating rubbish will prevent me looking good!! I bet she doesn't eat the crap I was eating before!

I'm the same with the pregnancy thing, I am going to university in september and want to be confident in my body but shortly after uni me and my partner want to get married and then try for kids and if I'm overweight I'm automatically put in a high risk category and my chances of having to have a c-section are really high so losing weight is great all round!

Hol x

Thanks for responses. Im back on TS this week, lost weight last week but only 1lb. I may try the pic idea as ive got pics of "fat me" scattered in the house lol

good luck

Back