How to Syn Sausages??

Sparkles.

I am well into week three of SW and so far I am doing well and there is only one thing which I miss and really want to factor into my diet (how fab that nothing is unfactorable on this plan!!). We go to a weekly farmer's market and one of the stalls make the most amazing sausages - they bring a range from 80 different varities and they are all wonderful. Pre-SW each Sunday morning was marked with two of these in some fresh, white, french stick. Now I realise that I can't have that anymore but I would love to be able to enjoy one with two HEB's worth of wholemeal roll. The problem is there is no nutritional info on the packets as they are direct from the farm so I have no idea how to syn them. All I know is that each variety is 85+% of pork and that the meat is from the proper cuts - shoulder, belly, loin etc.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to syn them? A premium sausage is 8.5, should I go with that or is there a better way?

If I were you I would ask them what the sausages are made from if it's just meat and herbs etc then they will be lower syn valuesand I would syn them as mince (non lean). If they use rusk/breadcrumbs etc then I would go with the premium sausage value. xx

Thanks Pickle, I am more than happy to take them at 8.5 but was worried that I should have them down as more. I'll speak to the farmer on Sunday, she is always really helpful.

well actually I got to the market and they had zero fat chicken sausages which were really spicy. All breast and thigh meat with no additional fat. I had no idea how to syn them so I went with four each. They were delicious and I had a good loss this week so I was happy with that. The farmer also sold extra lean beef mince which made some lovely burgers as well!!

Back