Green Days How??

jenm

Have done all the diets under the sun from we, sw, to more extreme like lighter life!

We're programmed to believe its carbs that make us gain weight.....SO i'm starting sw again & sitting eating a green day dinner of egg, beans & syn free chips. I fail to see how I can lose weight on this amount of carbs plus the tin of beans I had for lunch.

Please explain ? :)

I can't explain it either. I remember sitting in my first meeting thinking there is no way this can work, but it does so I don't worry about how anymore!

I remember tutoring a polish woman who was shocked that we had carbs and protein with most meals. She said that in Poland they either had potatoes and veg or meat and veg. Not many fat polish around!

Yes I can't understand it but going to stick to it :)

My step dad is fitness obsessed and swears by WW and he laughed when I was explaining SW on my first attempt in 2008. He soon stopped laughing when 2.5 stone fell off me in 4 months! It doesn't seem right but it works so I just go with it

I've never been programmed to believe carbohydrates make me gain weight. Everything can make you gain weight when eaten in large quantities, it's the cr*p which makes most of us gain weight.

How many of us ended up overweight eating too many potatoes and pasta?

Anyway, it works because it's "food optimising". It's all in the book. Let's face it, you may be eating plenty of carbohydrates but you are limiting dairy, bread, cereal, sweet stuff, alcohol etc etc etc and on a green day you are limiting meat/fish etc.

It works because these foods keep you fuller for longer so whilst they may be higher on the calorie scale you will be much less likely to be hungry again in five minutes and start snacking on things.

I curse the anti carb brigade, a friend of mine is obsessed with no carbs so if I cook dinner she will say "Oh I can't have potatoes." but then she will quite happily sit and eat a massive bar of dairy milk, you can't tell me that that is healthy.

A balanced diet will always be what is best as this is maintainable in the long run, no carb diets may get us to drop a lot of weight fast but are they really sustainable for the rest of your life?

I'm a green girl and I love it. The first time round with SW I lost 2 1/2 stone and I eat pasta or potatoes every day, without fail, sometimes I even have seconds! *Shock* *Horror*

Hope you enjoyed the eggs, chips and beans!

I've never been programmed to believe carbohydrates make me gain weight. Everything can make you gain weight when eaten in large quantities, it's the cr*p which makes most of us gain weight.

How many of us ended up overweight eating too many potatoes and pasta?

Anyway, it works because it's "food optimising". It's all in the book. Let's face it, you may be eating plenty of carbohydrates but you are limiting dairy, bread, cereal, sweet stuff, alcohol etc etc etc and on a green day you are limiting meat/fish etc.

This.
Carbs have been demonised so much over the years, especially since the popularity of the Atkins diet.

Back