HRM / Calories Burned

DustQueen

Gold Member
Hi I wasn't sure where to ask this so have posted here and in the calorie counting section.
I am interested it purchasing a HRM to get a more accurate idea of how many calories I'm burning and have been a little confused by conflicting reviews etc online so wanted to know what people had bought these thought?
- Do you gave a HRM?
- Do you believe it accurately tracks your calories?
- Would you recommend it?
Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

I have one but have yet go round to working it out. I might do it tomorrow though as the gym machines say my calories are way different to my fitness pal's estimations. But i figured the machines don't know how much I weigh, and i'm too lazy to put it in.....

I will let you know how it fairs tomorrow!

Elemental said:
I have one but have yet go round to working it out. I might do it tomorrow though as the gym machines say my calories are way different to my fitness pal's estimations. But i figured the machines don't know how much I weigh, and i'm too lazy to put it in.....

I will let you know how it fairs tomorrow!

Thanks elemental, which one do you have?

haha good question!
My hubby bought it for me last valentines day and i shoved it in the cupboard in such a sulk because i was expecting him to propose, turns out he was ........ but i was sulking so badly it was kinda ruined lol. We're married now and the dam thing is still in the cupboard, probably because of the bad memories!!! lol

I will give you a little report when i've used it tomorrow morning, i will tell you what make it is etc, i don't think it was expensive as it wasnt my real present :D

Elemental said:
haha good question!
My hubby bought it for my last valentines day and i shoved it in the cupboar in such a sulk because i was expecting him to propose, turns out he was ........ but i was sulking so badly it was kinda ruined lol. We're married now and the dam thing is still in the cupboard, probably because of the bad memories!!! lol

I will give you a little report when i've used it tomorrow morning, i will tell you what make it is etc, i don't think it was expensive as it wasnt my real present :D

Lmao sounds like something I would do :) thanks for the help :)

I have one of the Polar HRMs - they're expensive but I think worth the money. I used it on a skiing holiday last year and discovered that I burn nearly 2000 cals a day while skiing!

They're pretty accurate and I find the strap fairly comfortable.

Back