HTC Desire S OR Samsung Galaxy S2?

krupskaya

Gold Member
Hi all, I'm trying to decide on my next mobile phone and it boils down to one of these two. Anyone used either of them? Would you recommend one or the other?

I had a desire s. It lasted 3 weeks. They don't bounce very well. It wasn't dropped from very high either. At that point, the on off button stopped working. I got that fixed and then a couple of weeks after that it just fried and died. However from the minute I got it it was laggy and glitchy and I don't believe the drop caused it to fry. I think it would have anyway. The battery life was shocking too.

That said, I now have an incredible S which is infinitely better in every respect. Battery lasts ages and everything runs super smoothly, plus the screen is a bit bigger, which is nice.

Can't comment on the Samsung, but wouldn't bother with the desire.

Thanks MLM. I hadn't considered the Incredible but I've googled it and it looks good, so thanks for that.

I am having exactly the same debate today as I dropped my beautiful Iphone last night. I needed a new phone anyway.

Im pretty decided on the Samsung Galaxy S2 as all my techy mad friends say its the best out at the minute. Plus there are some great deals on it!

I've got the first Galaxy S and it's okay for how I use it, but not really great as a phone. The camera is really good, and the playback/screen is fantastic, speed is good too for games and browsing.

Accessing phone calls is kind of awkward, and I've never gotten the ringtone to be loud enough to hear...but I only use it as a phone in emergencies so it's not <i>that</i> big of deal for me. The 3G also drains the battery really quick.

Back