Hunger Pangs

pete10141748

Postaholic
As you probably know by now, today was my first day of LL :)

I've not felt hungry all day (at least, not really hungry) but in the last hour or so, my stomach has been growling at me like a wild dog, and I've got the horrible "empty" feeling in the pit of it.

I kinda expected this, but just wondered how long this will last for?
I've heard that after a few days, you don't feel hungry at all, is that true?

I hate the feeling, as I know it's my body trying to get me to eat something! :mad:

Drink some more water .... then off to bed!! Do the same tomorrow and Wednesday and on Thursday you'll feel great and can stay up as a treat!!!!

It is true Pete, that after the initial days while you climb into ketosis, then there is no hunger. Not physical - mental - thats another story. But much easier I think then physical. But yeah - the first few days are a bit tough....

as said, drink LOTS of water when you feel hungry and have some distractions at hand. Us girlies usually retire the the bubble baths and pampering activities - not sure if that would suit you...lol....but ya never know! :D Just have some activities that keep your mind occupied. Failing that - early nights and lots of naps when appropriate work a treat.

Hang in there - well worth the effort in the end. :)

x

the hunger pangs will last a matter of a couple of days I'm sure. If that.
And as we've all said, drink plenty of water and it'll stop your insides seizing up!

Us girlies usually retire the the bubble baths and pampering activities - not sure if that would suit you...lol....but ya never know!
Sadly I can't ever really take a "nice relaxing bath", as I cannot fit comfortably in the tub :( It's actually one of the things I'm looking forward to, believe it or not!
So it's showers all the way, has been for the last 5 years, with the excuse that "its quicker and uses less water" :rolleyes:

But as for distraction, I've got plenty to do that. Posting on here for one thing! lol

Sadly I can't ever really take a "nice relaxing bath", as I cannot fit comfortably in the tub :( It's actually one of the things I'm looking forward to, believe it or not!
So it's showers all the way, has been for the last 5 years, with the excuse that "its quicker and uses less water" :rolleyes:

But as for distraction, I've got plenty to do that. Posting on here for one thing! lol

Aww, sorry hon - I know what you mean. I used to say I was having half a bath as only half of me was submerged!! Then, as the diet went along, more and more water filled the tub until I was submerged. THe continent became islands. :D :rotflmao:

Hang in there, before you know it you'll be soaking and enjoying a relaxing bath!!! It will feel a nice reward for your efforts!

:)

Just you wait .....................

until you can fit in the bath, then there'll be room for water too!
Then you'll be able to get most of your body under the water.
Then the water behind you will get cold when you top up the hot at the front end!
Eventually you'll be the island in the middle with water all around you.
It's fab - youwill love having baths again.
Look forward to it.:character0053:

Back