Hunger. Real vs Emotional - opinions please

Kiika

Hello! :)

I wanted to ask peoples opinions on hunger while on S&S (or other VLCD).

I have read a lot of people saying about emotional hunger or habit hunger etc once they are in ketosis, but I would like to know what you think is the difference between real and emotional hunger. Also, do any of you ketosis(ers) feel any reall hunger now, or just emotional?

I know sometimes that I WANT to eat and dont actually NEED to eat. But what are the physical signs of REAL hunger?

It would be nice to have some ideas as to what real hunger feels like for the majority of people.

e.g. My stomach has been rumbling and I have felt physically empty, weak and mentally foggy, so in the end I just had to eat something. I think that is real hunger, do you agree??

If you feel really, really hungry, drink some water. If your stomach kind of hurts after you drink it or feels really empty still then you're defo genuinely hungry. If you feel hungry and you actualy concentrate on your stomach when you feel it, you can usually feel if it's real or not. I think it's just a case of actually 'thinking' about it, because cravings and emotional hunger will always manifest in your head and when you actually focus on your stomach, you can feel that you're already full and it's just an emotional response you're feeling.

Genrally I drink 1 litre, wait, of I am still hungry 90mins later then ill have salad only. If still hungry an hour later then ill have protein/pack.

Most of the time its just habit or emotional hunger

I have felt physically hungry when in ketosis, happens if i go way too long between packs- signs for me are a rumbling in my stomach with a cramping feeling( I've had rumbles but no cramping too so I tend just to ignore this) if I feel really weak and a bit light headed then I know I physically have to eat also feeling sick because I've left it too long between packs. I think having some water and waiting a while defo helps.

sliminthecity said:
I have felt physically hungry when in ketosis, happens if i go way too long between packs- signs for me are a rumbling in my stomach with a cramping feeling( I've had rumbles but no cramping too so I tend just to ignore this) if I feel really weak and a bit light headed then I know I physically have to eat also feeling sick because I've left it too long between packs. I think having some water and waiting a while defo helps.

Ah yes! That's what I feel like too. It's because im going to long between packs is it? Well that's good to know. :)

Back