Hurrah - it's arrived at last!!!

Headache

My copy of The Alternate Day Diet from Amazon. I ordered it weeks ago and only now has it finally got here.

Obviously I have begun JUDDDering without the book but I know having it here will motivate me much more. I have literally just flicked through it and spotted some great looking recipes - broccoli and cheese soup oh YUM!!!

So....

How much do people who have the book use it? Has it made a difference to how you follow JUDDD?

Honestly I have been made SO happy by the arrival of a little brown parcel!:D

I read it from cover to cover (some of the recipes are a bit icky, very American, but they made me smile).

I looked at all of the papers in the references section and read around them (I have a science background and access to loads of journals). This was before the Horizon programme and most info I could find was from super sceptics so I wanted to see for myself.

Now, whenever I feel as though I am sliding into too many (or too few) rules I have another read and reaffirm that there really aren't any other than eating your calories.

I know a couple of people who thought the book was a waste of money but I think they were looking for rules, proper, restrictive, do this or you fail style rules.

All in all the book is great reassurance - and I know I am going to need that!

Paulinegin said:
I enjoyed the book too - reassuring to have Dr J sitting in my bookshelf :D

P x

I have a very strange picture in my mind of a balding man in a white coat sat on your kitchen shelf next to cookbooks lol!! :-D x

yoga84 said:
I have a very strange picture in my mind of a balding man in a white coat sat on your kitchen shelf next to cookbooks lol!! :-D x

Nope, dining room overseeing my chomping! ;)

P x

In my house he is hiding just under the corner of the couch, ready to leap out and scare me skinny :D

Only just ordered mine ,dont think its due till October was looking forward to the recipes

Back