Hurry up Thursday!

Good luck rudles although you wont need it :D Minniemel that is still a good loss. I was meant to WI last night but my CDC has the flu so going to just WI next week hopefully I will have a big loss :)

Congrats Ruddles. I am sure it will be worth the wait Megan -- a double loss!

MM

Well done Mel! I lost the 8lbs I put on so back to 3stone 8lbs gone. I had a slight slip up last night involving some sausages and a tomato but I am back on it today. Off to change my signature :)

Good job Guru, you know it's gonna drop back off when you get back 100% so good for you :D

3lbs on for me :eek: You know what, I'm not bothered at the moment. I hit the gym this morning and ran 30 minutes straight, then did 3 circuits of my usual weights. On some of my exercises they weren't enough and I had to lift heavier, so this is obviously a good sign.

The instructor (a girl :D) said I was looking a lot leaner and fitter so :bliss:

Guru - well done, you too MinnieMel.

I lost 4lbs on my weigh in this morning and I am so pleased I'm now 20 st 4 - next week or the week after I will get to see a big change in numbers from 20 down to 19 and I am really looking forward to it. Meanwhile my mum had her weigh in too and she is down to 10 st 4 and she is looking forward to seeing the 9 just the same way I am looking forward to the 19. I can't believe I am a whole 10 stones heavier than my mum.

Guru - well done, you too MinnieMel.

I lost 4lbs on my weigh in this morning and I am so pleased I'm now 20 st 4 - next week or the week after I will get to see a big change in numbers from 20 down to 19 and I am really looking forward to it. Meanwhile my mum had her weigh in too and she is down to 10 st 4 and she is looking forward to seeing the 9 just the same way I am looking forward to the 19. I can't believe I am a whole 10 stones heavier than my mum.

Don't worry about that Alex, it's not a competition ;)

I can't believe I am a whole 10 stones heavier than my mum.[/QUOTE]

You have done really well - and remember that you will lose faster in the beginning.

MM

Yes - it's just now that I am starting to lose it seems to be hitting me just how huge I really am - and it's not nice. Even just saying that I am 10 stones heavier than someone else is a shock to the system.

:) not being competitive with my mum though - I am really pleased for her. She went to see her Doc yesterday and she said the doc was really pleased with her and said she looked much healthier and years younger. I'm looking forward to seeing the change in her when I go back on 4th Dec.

Hi AlexIce,

Out of curiousity -- how tall is your mum? You are very tall (5'9") -- and if she is not as tall, then that is a consideration, too. I weigh 2.5 stones more than my younger sister. I need to loose about 1.5 stone for a BMI of 22. But, my sister is not underweight... she is undertall (only 5'... if you fluff her hair).

MM

Well done blingbabe! Getting back in the saddle is hard eh? I know I found it hard, well done for getting back to it

I should have weighed in today but cdc on hols so have to wait til sunday.

well done everyone on all the losses today. I hoping for a good loss sunday even though TOTM should hit me soon

Hi AlexIce--

In that case a healthy BMI for your mother is about 9 stone, and for you it is close to 11 stone. So, size (as in height) really does matter!

MM

I am setting goal as 12 stone at the moment and then I shall re-evaluate when I get somewhere near it. It all seems so far off at the moment.

Hi AlexIce,

I think 12 stone would make you no longer overweight... and the one BMI fits all is wrong. I have a very small build, hence the need to head for the middle of my weight range. You look (from your photo) to be a larger framed person (proportional). It sounds far away, but it really goes fast when you are ssing.

MM

Alex, I'm 5ft 9 as well and I spoke to my doctor about it and she recommended a goal of around 12 stone. And then when you get near it, seeing what feels right for you. I haven't been that size for a very long time, so I don't know what weight would seem right, if that makes sense. So I think you're doing the right thing. If you get to 12 and 1/2 stone and you go you know what this feels right, I'm comfortable, you can stop, or go to 12. Or you might get there and think you could lose an extra half a stone. So think you're definitely taking the right attitude towards it.

Back