husband booked a weekend away help!!!!

harben

My husband has booked a weekend away for us in a hotel with food included he is really looking forward to it but i was planning to kept to my diet but i feel guilty because he has paid for the food i was thinking of doing a re feeding and then it lightly for the weekend i don't drink anyway i am so confused any advice welcome

Well, I'm kinda a noob here so my advice not be the best, but if you want my opinion...relax and enjoy your weekend! To be honest, it's one weekend and if you spend it worrying about what you've eaten TOO much it'll detract from your enjoyment of the actual weekend.

Now, I'm in no means suggesting you go nuts and totally binge, it's more than possible to watch what you eat whilst you're away or out...I'm just saying, don't go nuts on the guilt!

Okay, so my advice wasn't really very HELPFUL as such, but...either way, I hope you have an awesome weekend away with your husband!

:D

Hiya!
I would say thats probably the best advice you could give! Give urself a break chic and enjoy your weekend away. Like MayfairE said, you don't have to go nuts! But just enjoy yourself and reasure yourself that when you get back you will go back to the normal plan.
Have a lovely weekend! :) and rellaax ! ..x

hmmm id tell him it would have to be cancelled , stick with the diet.... then go away for the weekend when your a newer slimmer you. I know its a hard decision to make, but ask yourself which do you want more? a weekend away? or a quicker journey to being slim? on and off only makes it harder (so i found), trust me been there done it! the best way is to stay focused and keep your eye on the goal, I am sure you will do what you feel is best. and if you do go away have a nice time :)

Honestly go and enjoy yourself! Yes being slim is important to us all otherwise we wouldn't be here! But it isn't everything! You have to make sure you enjoy your life aswell, you only get one! Have a good time! :).. x

Hey Harden, why did your husband book food knowing you are on a TFR diet?
Don't give in to sabotage, make the decision if YOU want to

Good luck x

If it was me and knowing what I know now 10 weeks down the line I would not eat. Its not a queostion of giving yourself a break or having a holiday off. TFR does not work that way. It really is all or nothing.

I speak from experience and it is so so so much harder no matter how much determination you have or if you are in the right mindset or whatever to have a break and get back on it again is THE hardest thing. I would go have a good time and stick to the TFR. The powerful feeling you will have for sticking to your guns and having your shakes will be a better feeling than giving in and finding the next few weeks hard because you have had the taste of food again and know what it is to go without it.

At the end of the day it is up to you. But no one has the right to make you feel guilty for NOT eating. To start this diet takes huge courage and only you and those that have done it can ever know how hard it is. xxx

Hey!
You really are in a predicament :( You would be mad to stop the diet just for a weekend away. Why dont you stick to the shakes while you are away, not ideal but breaking the diet is def not ideal. You dont have to sit at the table drinking your shake, you could have it before each meal and then when at the table with the gang just have a coffee or sparkling water. They should understand and be supportive. A weekend away doesnt have to be about food anyway, go and chill out and enjoy it X

Hey!
You really are in a predicament :( You would be mad to stop the diet just for a weekend away. Why dont you stick to the shakes while you are away, not ideal but breaking the diet is def not ideal. You dont have to sit at the table drinking your shake, you could have it before each meal and then when at the table with the gang just have a coffee or sparkling water. They should understand and be supportive. A weekend away doesnt have to be about food anyway, go and chill out and enjoy it X

+1 Agree absolutely with this. We have to learn to enjoy ourselves without food. I did a weekend away in a fab hotel whilst on LT. I had my shakes in my room and had lots of sparkling water and lovely filtered coffee in the dining room. It was no problem and the staff did not bat a eyelid either.

Thanks guys you have really helped me Just to make it clear i was making myself feel guilty my husband had this booked before i started the diet he is fine with whatever i decide it was that old guilt we have from our mother's about not wasting food. or maybe it's gene's i have had passed down from the irish famine ( ha ha )
anyway i have decided not to break my diet as you say my mindset is great at the minute and i don't want that to change.

Well done on making a decision you feel is right for you!

I was brought up never to waste food and to always clear my plate!! Now I just have to make sure I don't overshop and always use a small plate!! :giggle:

good on you, and sorry if i accused your husband of sabotaging you!
I'm with you on the guilt you put on yourself for 'wasting' food, however i never seemed to get that guilt when i threw away fruit and veg in the past lol.
Good luck, and enjoy your weekend away x

I am going on may day weekend can't wait to let you know how i get on
I never experienced support like the support you get on this website from complete strangers thanks again

Good on you for making the decision not to break the diet, i think its the right one and thats from experience .. i've done it so many times and trust me the feeling you'd have after if you broke the diet is much worse than just feeling guilty ... you would have that feeling along with so many more and none are good either.

Good luck, enjoy it and can't wait to know how you got on .. remember you don't need food to have fun :)

Back