Hypnosis for Weight Loss- 3 weeks on - making slow but steady progress

back from second session
I wont continue to update this thread daily as Im sure that those of you who are considering hypnosis for themselves have read enough to persuade you one way or the other. I will still try to update it every so often so you know whether it is still working. At the moment I do feel like the burden of dieting has been lifted from my shoulders

If anyone is considering hypnosis, I wholeheartedly recommend it. You have nothing to lose by trying it. If anyone lives in the Sutton Coldfield area in the west mids and wants the details of my therapist, please feel free to PM me.

tHANKS SO MUCH FOR GIVING EVERYONE AN INSIGHT INTO HOW YOU HAVE COPED WITH THIS, AND WHAT YOU HAVE DONE.

Hi all,
I have my first session tomorrow at 10am.
It's called Hypnoslimmers?
I have 1.5hrs the first session and then 4 1hr sessions total cost £250 ouch:)
The lady also tapes? the session then burns it onto disc for me to listen to in between as she said it is specifically for me!
Also asked if I would like to bring anything with me that I really want to give up?
So I am gonna take a cream egg :)
I will let you know how it goes.

Sally

Brilliant thread. Very interesting. Thankyou wannalose..... I don't over eat so that's not a problem for me but it's helpful to know all the told we have at our disposal for losing weight.

Hi all

I had my hypnotherapy session today, I won't go into the details on Sam's thread but would like to ask one thing. I remember all the NLP and Swish, and remember the start of the hypnotherapy to get me to relax, but can't remember what he actually said regarding food etc. Has this happened to anyone else:confused: The more I try to remember, the less I can.

Tracey
x

Hi all

I had my hypnotherapy session today, I won't go into the details on Sam's thread but would like to ask one thing. I remember all the NLP and Swish, and remember the start of the hypnotherapy to get me to relax, but can't remember what he actually said regarding food etc. Has this happened to anyone else:confused: The more I try to remember, the less I can.

Tracey
x

Hi Tracey

I didnt have swish or nlp, and after my first hypnotherapy session I could remember most of what she said, but as the day went on, and then the week went on, I cant actually remember much of what she said at all. However, the important bits will come back to you when it is needed.

Its not supposed to be a conscious effort to lose weight, you should make the right choices now without thinking about it, but if your conscious mind attempts to make the wrong choice, thats when the subconscious will kick in.

try not to think too hard about it if that makes sense. Just put your trust in it and see how you get on.

Good luck. Im dying to know how you coped with food yesterday after your session. xx

Minilady, I also remember pretty much what was being said through hypnosis if I try to remember it. I also remember her saying I wouldn't be interested in junk or rubbish food, even if others were eating it. Thinking about that made me realise how easily I can want something, even if I don't need it, just by seeing someone else eating it. I do hope it works for you, like Sam said, I think its more so that it will come back for you if you need it. The Paul McKenna CD also says that you may not remember what is being said during hypnosis because you are so relaxed.

Thanks for this thread Sam I have been struggling and have been thinking about hypnosis and reading the positivity has been great x.

Hi Sam, I know your not gonna post daily anymore, but can you keep us updated on whether you have benefited from the 2nd session. My hypnotherapist said she doesn't do set numbers of sessions as it depends on individual, but to book if I feel I need to.

Now what have you started Sam lol , I would go but funds lol

Well done sam, great loss too. Keep us updated won't you.

Red 42, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, have been very ill for 2 days. I used Walkinshaw hypnotherapy in Byers Green near Spennymoor. Croft is also a very reputable one in the area. Who did you book with in the end?

Stacie x

Hi Stacie,

I've chosen someone called David Wilkinson of Optimum Hypnotherapy and for £120 I get 90 mins one to one session and two follow up group sessions over the next couple of months (and one of his consulting rooms is literally just down the road from where I live)..I hadn't realised there were so many in this area:eek:...btw, my CDC lives in Byers Green.

hope you feeling better now

Yvonne x

Hi Red, I had spoken to David as well, I contacted a few and originally picked the one in byers green as he was closest, however, I have been really pleased with the results. Let me know how you get on with David.

Becky was my CDC too but I had to give up Cambridge as I have IBS.

Good luck with your hypnosis session!

Stacie x

Hi folks. Congrats on your loss WL8S, fantastic for one week! I was reading this thread Weds morning at 8.30 when I decided to go listen to my marisa peer cd for the first time and ended up falling asleep!

I was also reminded that hypnosis was the only thing I havent tried whilst watching Anna Richardson's success on supersize vs superskinny, so I looked up the name of a hypnotist I'd heard was good and rang him the following day. Got appt for the following week but cancelled it thinking to myself 'am I just wasting more money?'

I'm meant to be having surgery but would much prefer to get the weight off and keep it off myself. Gonna ring Alan Gilchrist again tomorrow and this time I won't back out. If it doesn't work then I truly can say I have tried everything. :D

Just a quick update.

Still managing to stick to 3 meals a day but totm arrived yesterday and I had a real struggle again not to eat in the evening. TOTM has always been the worst time for me - I can eat for 24 hours non stop the first day of my period and always have done. I tried listening to the CD that my therapist gave me but got so relaxed I fell asleep lol.

If I have any more struggles in the evening I will book another session. I know that TOTM is hard for me so am hoping that last night was a one off so I'll be keeping a close eye on it.

Well I have made another appt for 30 March at 12 o'clock. No backing out this time! Quite excited, just wish it was sooner. :cool:

Just a quick update.

Still managing to stick to 3 meals a day but totm arrived yesterday and I had a real struggle again not to eat in the evening. TOTM has always been the worst time for me - I can eat for 24 hours non stop the first day of my period and always have done. I tried listening to the CD that my therapist gave me but got so relaxed I fell asleep lol.

If I have any more struggles in the evening I will book another session. I know that TOTM is hard for me so am hoping that last night was a one off so I'll be keeping a close eye on it.

Hi Sam

TOTM is a toughie:( You said you struggled a little, but did you give in and nibble? If you didn't that's wonderful:) If you would have given in before the hypnosis this means progress has been made, as you managed to say no.

Well I have made another appt for 30 March at 12 o'clock. No backing out this time! Quite excited, just wish it was sooner. :cool:

Good luck Lynn with your session, I definately feel the hypnotherapy has helped e control my binge demon:)

Tracey
x

Hi Sam,

How did you cope yesterday evening?

I have now booked an appointment with a hypnotherapist, so will be going along at 10.00 tomorrow morning.

I'm nervous, but excited at the same time. I know I can lose the weight with healthy eating as I have done it before, I just need help getting my head in the right place.

Hi everyone,

I have been so inspired by this tread, I have just been to see a local hypnotherapist for a free consultation and have booked in my first session on Tuesday morning.
I really need help to stop self-sabotaging(sp?) any diets I try. I found CD is great in that I am rarely hungery, so why do I manage 2 or 3 days and then go back to picking and eating food. I have about 5 stone to lose, so it not like I should be happy at this weight.
She explained that it will take several sessions to complete the therapy, starting at 1 per week for a few weeks but I should be able to feel a difference within a couple of sessions, so I wont be wasting loads of money (£60 per 90 mins) if its not gonna work for me.
She also said that the reason/reasons I overeat/binge when I am low were formed in the years before I reached 7 yrs old ( I cant remember that far back! LOL) so she will use regression therapy while I am hypnotised.
I will let you all know what happens, if you all dont mind.
good luck everyone xxx

Back