hypothetically

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Tranquilize, 24 June 2009 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Tranquilize

Tranquilize Member

Let's say i stay on induction for about 4 weeks, and by the end of those 4 weeks i was happy with my weight and decided i want to stop the diet.

would i be able to eat like a normal person straight away? like what the average person would have in carbs a day (think its around 300). or if i dive straight back in to the average person's neutritional ways will it have diverse effects on me (i.e. put on weight rapidly, feel neuseas etc)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PennyJane

PennyJane Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.74%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    You are best to try and add back in to your diet carbs at 5g increments and do it monthly, so say you stop end of June you can then go up to 25g of carb and then end of July 30.. and so on until you stabilize.

That's my understanding anyway. Try if you can not to just stop otherwise you do run the risk of putting it all back on.

4. madeinengland

madeinengland Full Member

i thought the 5g increment increase was weekly.

5. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    It is 5g weekly, I did it as 5g monthly though.
    and yes, what Laura says.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.