hypothyroid

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by cookie monster, 12 November 2010 Social URL.

1. cookie monster

cookie monster New Member

Hi im bieng treated for hypothyroid and im on 100mg a day, so far alot of my symptoms have eased but the weight wont budge!. Its very frustrating,:cry: so im trying slimming world to see if that will help, Im getting married in may and im desperate to loose weight.
    Has anybody lost weight with slimming world with the same problem? i would really appreciate some tips.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ferb

ferb Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8.5lb(18.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, I am on 125mcg thyroxine and have lost 4st 6lbs since last august with sw. I do a mix of green and extra easy days.

4. doesmybumlookbig

doesmybumlookbig Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Sorry I cant answer your question, but what else have you got to lose apart from weight by trying the plan you may even have a great loss like Ferb above good luck

5. melissa87

melissa87 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.66%)
    I'm having my blood test for this on Monday, I am sooooo scared!

Can you tell me what your symptoms were? I just can't budge my huge amount of weight I have put on :(

xxx

6. Too Heavy Hannah

Too Heavy Hannah Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(22.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I am on 175mg thyroxine and have lost just over a stone since starting in october, i've been doing EE and I feel really good!

Melissa, I've had trouble with my thyroid since I was very young, about 5, my main symptom I notice if my dose isn't right is I get very very tired and struggle to concentrate.

7. Polyanna

Polyanna Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have taken thyroxine for 18 years, and yes you can lose weight as long as you stick to the plan, there's no difference.

8. Daisysp8

Daisysp8 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hello .. another here who is Hypo-thyroid (150 mcg of thyroxine), and i have lost nearly a stone in 5 weeks ... I do mainly Red days with the odd Extra Easy. Weight is coming off no probs at all.

9. skinnymrstobe

skinnymrstobe Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    24st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I lost 4 and a half stone 2 years ago on SW and starte dto put weight on whilst on plan! Was eventually diagnosed with Hypo-thyroid (175 mcg of thyroxine), and i have gone back to SW and lost 2 stones in 8 weeks!! I do Extra Easy and make sure i have plenty of speed foods, the weight is "finally" coming off again!! :)

10. kirstabubble

kirstabubble Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(9.44%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    This is really good to hear guys! One of my best friends was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer a couple of months ago and is now on medication for life, as her thyroid was removed. She's put on a lot of weight and is terrified she won't be able to lose it.

I'll pass on all your great stories :)

Kirsty xx

11. Candlewix

Candlewix Down boy!

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.3%)
    Diet:
    The Cambridge Diet
    I'm really pleased to hear all the good results from fellow hypothyroid folk. I am on 125 mcg ( have been for 10 years) and have just started SW. Previously I was on a TFR diet and lost a stone, so it can be done, the weight will go, its just the staying with the program I guess ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.